6/11/18

Quickie

This morning's post has to be quick. I need to head out to the doctor's office for my annual physical this morning, which means I've been fasting...which means, no coffee...WHAAAAAAAAAAA!

So anyway...there are other reasons for posting quick. For one thing, I don't have anything to tell you. The most interesting and exciting thing I did yesterday was to get started on stitching the latest of the Sundress blocks.


It seemed like I ought to get started on those French knots since all the dots I showed you yesterday were making my eyes go crossed. That tamed them some. When I get started on a new piece, I first work with all the little bits and pieces of floss left from the last time around, and that's what I did here. Now all my floss bobbins are neat and tidy with no little extra bits of floss hanging from them. It's not terribly exciting, but it's my little OCD thing. You understand, don't you?

The rest of the day from there on was spent in the kitchen or doing housework. I made a rather uninspired Bacon Pea Salad. I made it once before from this recipe. It's a pretty good recipe, but I make it with half the bacon and twice the mayonnaise, because calories, you know. And I forgot to take a picture because yesterday's cooking required not one, but two trips to the grocery store to pick up the cream cheese I forgot. I couldn't make this Lemon Cheesecake Mousse without it. And this will make approximately the fourth time I'm recycling this image.


This is an absolutely fantastic dessert. I keep making it because it's so super simple...no baking...but it does make a lot of dirty bowls. You can find the recipe for these right here. If you want to impress your friend and family and don't mind doing dishes, give it a try.

And now...I've gotta go. As I mentioned to someone this morning, my doctor has been bugging me for two years to lose some weight. The first year, I just flipped her the bird...only in my mind, of course...but yeah. F-off, Lady. Last year, I admitted to being about as motivated to lose weight as I was motivated to jab a red hot poker in my eye. And then, I went straight home and joined the Cooking Light Diet website. Insanity...it probably came from resisting the urge to flip her the bird...for real, this time. But today, I can walk in twenty pounds lighter, and She. Had. Better. Say. Something. Or else the blinders come off my bird, and she gets it for real. Yeah. I'm tough that way. I'll report back tomorrow.

11 comments:

Barbara said...

Motivation is what gets you started; habit is what keeps you going.

Denise :) said...

Pretty little dress ... wish I could wear sleeveless! Here's to hoping you hear positive things from the doc...and the bird doesn't fly! ;)

Pam said...

That ticks me off too. I have lost 43 lbs and not one of my Doctors ever mentions it unless I say something! Boo

gpc said...

I think she will be happy as a clam and, whether she is or not, I am impressed as all get out. I'm getting too chunky to flip a good bird, so I hope I am inspired to follow in your skinny footsteps one of these days.

Brown Family said...

Congratulations on loosing the weight! I really need to look into that diet!

kc said...

Congrats on the weight loss; I cannot wait to hear the bird report!!! Your dress is stunning and looks like one I would love to make and wear! Hey now....I have a machine that will do all those fancy stitches....hmmm...wheels are turning. Wish I had asked you to teach me how to make those French knots; I have lots of eyeballs to make on my current piece, and my knots never ever come out right.

In reading your recipe, I bet you could sun Cool Whip for the heavy cream and sugar, eliminating some work and bowls. But then, I'm also sure that would sacrifice some of the taste and consistency.

SJSM said...

Congrats on the weight loss! What a wonderful commitment to yourself. It will make all you quilty life easier as you climb on ladders to take pictures and move your stash around. That is in addition to all the activities you and Mike want are planning.

I’ve downloaded the lemon mousse cheesecake. Not sure when I will make it but it is now in my recipe stash.

piecefulwendy said...

Well, I'm wondering what she said, so I'm going to go and read your next post. I don't usually do that, but tomorrow I won't have time to read it since we're heading to the quilt show. Hope it was a good report!

Quilter Kathy said...

LOL thanks for the giggle! Hope the appointment doesn't result in any bird like activity!

Kate said...

I hope the doctor noticed all the effort. Mine didn't when I went for my last physical. I was a bit dejected.

quiltzyx said...

This sundress is so cute. If I wore dresses, I would wear one like that. If I wore dresses.

The dessert looks delish - it is the lemony time of year now. Someone brought some delicious lemon bars to guild last Thursday night - mmmmm! I brought grapes - and had none to bring home, so I guess that was a good choice! (We bring something to eat for the meeting during our b'day month.)