3/23/18

Rainy Day

We had plans to have lunch with some friends yesterday, but one of them had a cold, and asked to reschedule. Fine by us. We've managed to travel this entire trip...through subways, in crowds, using germy handrails, and who knows what else...neither of us has been sick a day. Surprising, no? So, yeah. Please keep your germs to yourselves, and we'll meet up another day. So what did we end up doing?

Well...we kind of had an agenda in mind in addition to meeting with friends, and so we decided to follow through with everything else. But first, I want to show you how the park has emptied out in the past week or so. Here's a picture I took when we'd been here just a few days:


Here's what it looks like now:


And ignore the wet streets. What I really want you to notice are all the empty spaces. That's our rig marked with a red arrow.

We finished off the avocados we bought at a produce stand a few weeks ago, and so we decided to make another trip down. You might recall that we tried the Pinkerton avocados on our last trip. They were fine, but I still prefer the Hass variety, and so we got a bag of ripe ones and a bag of unripe ones.


After that, we had some lunch, and then visited a quilt shop. What a great shop! My wallet is considerably lighter thanks to this shop. Yeah...all that cash wears a person out. It'll be much easier to carry around yards of fabric. Wouldn't you agree?


I'll tell you all about it in a separate post, but for now I'll just say that if you live in the area, you really need to put on your shoes right now and go visit this shop.

The only other thing I did yesterday was to fill most of the hoop on the Heart & Home project.


There's just a smidge left to stitch at the bottom, and then this one will be finished.


Not sure what's on today's agenda. Somehow I got a hitch in my gitalong, and my hip is killing me. It made sleeping very difficult last night since I couldn't get comfortable in any position. We thought we might visit the Fiber Arts Show going on at the Diamond Valley Arts Council, but it will depend on how well I'm able to walk around without pain.

Mike is down playing volleyball right now, and I'm still getting my act together here. We'll just have to see how I feel after lunch.

6 comments:

WoolenSails said...

What a big difference, nice to have more space to yourself. I guess with the weather finally heading for spring, everyone is heading home. Look forward to seeing the shop. I hope your hip feels better. I hurt mine years ago and couldn't sleep on that side, and now it is the bad ribs, not fun when you can't sleep in a position that is comfy for us.

Debbie

Kate said...

Sorry you didn't get to have lunch with your friends and that you've got a hitch in your stride. Hopefully you ended up having a great day no matter what you ended up doing.

quiltzyx said...

Oh no! Sorry to hear you've had a hitch in you gitalong. :(
Be sure to take good care of yourself!

gpc said...

I envy you your appreciation of avocados. You know how it is with cilantro, and how some people taste soap and some people (me) taste only deliciousness? Well, a similar thing happens with avocados. They have no taste for me, just a mouthful of grease. I hate when I can't enjoy health things, while I so easily enjoy anything with sugar. So feel free to carry on and not worry about saving any for me. You're welcome. Although I did once make the dark chocolate avocado pudding, which is deeply chocolate and surprisingly good. Sugar, the evil superhero of cuisine.

Brown Family said...

Very wise to cancel lunch and not share germs! You two have been very lucky.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Hope your hip is better.