These blocks are all made from scraps, and so I don't have a lot of fabric left over when they're finished. This is a large block at 20 x 20 inches, but I could see a whole quilt made up of these. Wouldn't that be a day brightener?
After that I got to work on the blocks for the hobo quilt called "Mulligan Stew." This poor quilt gets worked on so seldom, and I wouldn't blame you if you forgot the theme. Or if you haven't been following along, then you might not know anything about it. You can read about the inspiration for this quilt at this very old blog post right here. I've been making the blocks in groups of five. There are 60 in all and, with this group, I will have 35 blocks finished. I've included the title from the page of the book with these, showing how the original sign might have looked, followed by the associated quilt block.
When I made this next block, I hadn't intended to use the wrong side of my fabric for the five circles. They are from an hombre print, and I was being so careful to get them lined up in the same color section that I fused the wrong side...or the right side, depending on how you look at it. I decided it was fine that way, and so I just used them as is.
Fortunately, my little cat happened along and helped me dry my tears. How can you feel sad about anything when you're being showered with purrs and loves.
The book includes cutting instructions, but no sewing instructions. This next one took a bit of studying before I figured out how to sew it together.
Today I'll try to finish the last two for this group of blocks. We're also hoping to take a run at cleaning out the greenhouse today, so there's much to do.