5/30/12

A Few Little Things

My mailbox has been such fun this month!  It's my month for the We Bee Learning block bee, and the blocks have been arriving in the mail.  Yesterday, I received this pretty block from Tara:


I just love the fabrics she used.  Thank you so much, Tara.  That makes four blocks down of the 12 I'm supposed to receive, including the one I made.  I'm excited to see how they're going to look once they're all laid out in a quilt.  I have in mind to add a sashing and cornerstones, but I want to see how all the different fabrics and colors look before making up my mind.



My sewing machine has been in the shop, and so I have done very little sewing the past several days.  That, along with final preparations for my trip, and I've been busy with other things.  It was a good time to have it in the shop, but guess what?  It's back already!!  


I was so happy to see it that I sat on the couch and snuggled with it for a while--oh wait--that was George.  Ahem.  So, the sewing machine.  Yes.  I have it all plugged in ready to go, but I haven't tried it out yet.  There are just so many hours in a day, you know, and I really have to get some things done before I can do any sewing.  Tomorrow though.  Tomorrow I'm going to try out the newly adjusted machine and hope, hope, hope that its stubborn problem with free motion quilting is fixed.  More on that later.  Keep your fingers crossed.

So since I haven't been doing any machine sewing, I've been doing a lot of embroidery.  I finished up the embroidery on the latest Promises & Borders block.


This one still needs borders added to it, along with the borders for my Vintage Miniature Sewing Machine block.  If I have time before I leave on my trip, I'll get those put on.  My highest priority right now is to finish up the fifth of the five doll quilts I've been making for my friend Lisa's granddaughters.  I've just been waiting for the sewing machine to come back.

So......wait no more.  Tomorrow.  I can't wait.  But if that is to be, I'd better get off the computer and get some things done!

Don't forget!  The May NewFO Linky Party will be up tomorrow!  I can't wait to see what you've been up to.




2 comments:

Kate said...

Glad you got your machine back. Hope you get a chance to sew tomorrow.

Denise :) said...

Your Promises & Borders block is lovely! I hope you have a good day sewing!! :)