4/28/12

Two Days, Two Quilt Tops

Yesterday I finished the quilt top for the Mother Goose quilt I was restoring/reconstructing. 

Today, I finished the Winged Dreams quilt top I started last month.


This was a free pattern off the Clothworks Textiles website.  It went together so fast and easy that I could have finished it in one day if I'd wanted to.  I made this one for my friend Sue's birthday in September, so I have plenty of time to quilt and bind it before then.

Finishing two quilts in two days works wonders for one's stash report.  I pieced together the back for this quilt using the fabrics from the quilt top.  I put the red floral in the middle with two wide panels of the border fabric on each side.  It works.  The whole quilt was made from scraps I had on hand.


This quilt is just beyond the size I'm comfortable quilting on my domestic sewing machine, and so I'm going to let my quilter have at it.

This was my March NewFO quilt.  And speaking of NewFO's, how are yours coming?  The April Link-Up and Giveaway is Monday.  Looking forward to seeing your April starts.

4 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Oh, my MOM used that pattern to show case a lot of large florals she had - so pretty. Look forward to seeing this one once quilted.

Kate said...

Congrats on the second finish Barbara. It's a beautiful and bright quilt.

I'm playing with ideas for a NewFO, but probably will not have one this month. Maybe next month.

Teresa in Music City said...

Ooohhh - lovely! Sometimes simple patterns make the best quilts, especially when using those wonderful big prints :*)

My NewFO has stalled this month :*( I got the tracing done for the flowers for my May Calendar Quilt, but got no further with all the preparations and travel for our son's wedding. I'll post about that but it won't be particularly exciting.

Oh well, next month is a new opportunity!!! =^..^=

quiltzyx said...

Congrats on the finishes! Sue is so going to enjoy that one!!