4/12/12

Some Blocks

Today I got received a squishy from my partner in the Block Swap Adventure.  I'm collecting these "Along the Oregon Trail" blocks for a red a white quilt when I have enough.  So far, I have four blocks.  The one that came today was from Karyli.  Isn't this pretty?  I love the fabrics she chose.  Very nice.


It's perfect for my quilt.  Thank you, Karyli.

Despite wasting a colossal amount of time this morning messing around on the computer (which is what I do when I need to go to the grocery store), I managed to get quite a bit of sewing done today.  I finished the back for the Home is Where the Heart is quilt.  I'll be taking that one to my quilter sometime within the next week.  It took me longer to press it than it did to sew the two necessary seams.

Then I made the next set of blocks for the Amish sampler.  These are hourglass blocks, and there are three of them in the quilt.  


The suggested colors were medium blue, red, and rust.  I think the colors I chose were the right ones, but I wish there was more contrast between the red and the rust.  I might decide to re-do the middle one.  They were quick to go together.  The next block is an around the world block, but I won't start that one until next month.

With those done, I'm ready to start my April NewFO project.  I'm so excited to get going on this project.  I blogged way back on August 1, 2011, that I was going to start it.  Now, here it is April, and it still isn't started.  I've wanted to make this one for a long time.  Little did I know when I started the  NewFO Challenge that it would spur me on to do these projects that I've been wanting to start for EVER!  It's fun, isn't it?  I love starting new projects.  

Anyway  . . . here's the quilt I'm making.  It's a BQ2 pattern.


I'm using these fabrics.  The red is for the dark strips.  The flowers are for, well, the flowers, and the white with red polka dots are for the background.  I have always loved that red daisy fabric, and so I'm excited to see it put into a quilt.


Tomorrow.  No excuses.

And that, my friends, is that.  Not a bad day, despite having to go to the grocery store.

Edited to say that I'm going to link this post to:



3 comments:

Teresa in Music City said...

Oh I LOVE your red daisy print!!! That will make an amazing BQ2! I've made that pattern and it is so easy... if you start early you could actually have it done by evening. It's a great quilt for using fabrics you don't want to cut up, and also if you want to have one look like you put a lot of work into it when you really didn't have to :*)

Kathy Felsted Usher said...

That's going to be so pretty! I've never seen the red daisey fabric. The polka dots will look so nice as the background.

Lynette said...

Oh, I just love that pattern. I've hid it pinned a while so I can order it after we're settled in a few months. Your red flowers will look so great!