1/3/12

Close Up and Far Away

The master of the house demanded his walk today.  The sun is shining, after all.  At least it was shining.  Now it's not.  Good thing the master is so demanding or we might have waited too long.


It is not raining, but it is wet.  We have to give our feet a good tongue-lashing when we go back inside, and clean the flotsam off our tummies too.

Far away, we could see Mt. Adams today, although Mt. Rainier and Mt. St. Helens are shrouded in clouds.

Close-up, we thought these broken terra cotta pots were interesting. 

Enough fun for one day.  The holidays are officially over.  Mike went back to work today.  Mt. Laundry is calling my name.

10 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You definitely live in one of the most beautiful places in the country. Glad that George enjoyed the sunshine.

sunny said...

I was going to say what Linda said. You must live in the most beautiful place! I had a George cat many years ago that looked like your George!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Just lovely - my furries don't want to take the 'walk' today, nor do I - sub-zero temps with the wind chill.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

My house would be made of nothing but windows if I lived there and I would get nothing accomplished inside unless I could set up my sewing machine in front of the window with that amazing view.

Needled Mom said...

The mountains are really gorgeous, but I love the pot too.

Unknown said...

That backdrop is breathtaking! Mister-man is not so bad either! What a truly beautiful boy!

Take Care,
Loretta

Becky said...

Cute kitty.I love the view so breathtaking..Where Iam there are alot of mountians Pennsylvania. I couldnt live where there werent any.

WoolenSails said...

You really are getting some beautiful shots with your new camera, think I need to complain to sony about mine, lol. Maybe I should learn to use it right, just used to my old camera and what I can do with it and haven't had the time to really play with the settings and other things.

Debbie

Kate said...

Glad that George got his walk in. The view from your house is gorgeous, how do you ever get any work done!

quiltzyx said...

And more lovely photos of George! yay! I've missed seeing him while I've been off-track!! (Oh, the other pictures are quite nice too.)