11/22/11

November UFO Complete!

Wow!  I don't know when I've been so happy to have a quilt top finished.  I've done way too much applique this year.  But here it is, as promised:


But that's not all!  Also completed this morning is the third block for the "Day in the Life of Mr. Bear" quilt.  I'm so enjoying doing the embroidery on these blocks.  It still needs to have its borders added, but the embroidery is finished.  I'm hoping to get to work on that soon.


And this seems as good a time as any to tell you about something I enjoyed seeing today.  Do you remember the "Kitten's Tale" quilt?  I have to say this is my favorite quilt so far.


When I finished the first block, I sent a picture to the designer, Lynette Anderson.  I just love her patterns.  She was kind enough to write back to me and told me that this quilt was inspired by her cat and dog, Hugo and Felix, who apparently are fast friends.  Today I saw a picture of Hugo and Felix.  It's nice to see the pets who inspired the quilt.


You can read more about Lynette on today's Quilting Gallery Blog

But that's it for me today.  Time to get cooking--literally--get cooking!  The big "T" day is almost here!

I'm linking this post to:

14 comments:

Mommarock said...

Wow!! Wonderful :)

sew.darn.quilt said...

Whew!! You've had quite a month!
So many pretty things.

Carolyn

Anonymous said...

The applique quilt is beautiful!

Janet

Unknown said...

What beauty...you rock girl! love love them! Happy Holiday! Hugs

Kate said...

Congrats on getting the UFO completed. You've done really well on those this year.

The Mr. Bear block is cute. Hope you have some time to sew with all the cooking going on.

rental mobil said...

Very nice, thanks for sharing.

Katie said...

Your applique is beautiful and I love the little checkerboard borders. I have the A Kitten's Tale patterns and am kinda hoping to make the quilt in the coming year. Yours is great (and I'm a little jealous of it being done).

Jo said...

Great work! Applique is something I have yet to try in a way I can enjoy.

Heather said...

Your appliqued flower quilt is beyond gorgeous! I can just imagine how great it feels to have it finished. Love the Hugo and Felix story, too. So sweet of Lynette to share that with you!

JudyCinNC said...

I love all your quilts - that applique quilt is really beautiful and a treasure. Good work. Judy C

Jennifer said...

wowowowowowowwowow! you're amazing! great job!

Donna~~ said...

Fabulous finish--it's gorgeous! (Mr. Bear looks like lots of fun to do too!) I hadn't seen Kitten's Tale--it looks like a fun project too...wish I had more time and worked faster--I am so impressed by all the projects you and the other UFO-ers are getting done!

Louisa said...

Beautiful applique! And the checkerboard borders/sashing just keep those colours dancing across the surface. I love it!

Julie B said...

Your appliqued flower quilt is absolutely beautiful. Well done.