11/15/11

Christmas Runner Finished!


Today I took an applique holiday and worked on other things.  I finished up my handmade gift exchange gifts and got those boxed up and ready to mail.  Then, I decided to go ahead and finish up my table runner top.  Of course, it still needs quilting and binding.

I'm planning to free motion quilt it.  I'll just stitch around the inside lines of the stars, but I'd like to try something a little bit fancy (fancy for me, anyway).


I'm thinking of doing a row of Christmas trees all around the outside border.  That shouldn't be difficult (she says, knowing so little).  But I'd like to try doing a little holly leaf and berry spray in the white corner squares and sashings.  So there would be a holly leaf in each of the green sashings, and one in the middle in the white square, and then some holly berries in the red cornerstone.  Does that make sense?  I have some drawings in a continuous line quilting book I have, and so I think I can get it drawn onto the quilt to give myself a guide.

I'll need to set this aside a few days while I work up the courage.

5 comments:

Denise :) said...

Barbara, it's lovely -- you did a wonderful job on this! I bet it was nice to take a break from applique! :)

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Beautiful runner! I look forward to the gorgeous fmq that I know you will do.

Aliene said...

Barbara, the runner is real pretty and colorful. You did a good job.
I know you will enjoy it.

Snoodles said...

What was it Lady Macbeth said? "We'll screw our courage to the sticking place".... LOL I bet she never tried to free motion quilt, either! Barbara, you are my inspiration - love the runner, and can't wait to see your quilting!

quiltzyx said...

Take a deep breath - and maybe a glass of wine - & dive right in. You'll do fine!