10/22/11

Foto Finish: Spooky

This week's Foto Finish theme is Spooky.  Here's my entry:


We've had these huge garden spiders all over the yard this fall.  This one is doing quite a business in flying gnats!  As much as I dislike seeing these guys (and I especially dislike running into their webs!), they are good garden friends.  We try to leave them alone as much as possible.  I like them so much that I won't even kill them when I find them in the house.  Instead, I get Mike to catch them and take them outside.  (You didn't think I was going to catch them myself, did you?  Gack!)


For next week's theme, I'm thinking about:  Things that are round


And now, I'm ready to see your spooky images.  Here's Mr. Linky:

Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

7 comments:

Lynette said...

heh! I just had Scott catch-and-release an 8-legged "friend" and put it outside. Bug-eaters are always good to have around out there. :D

Sand and Sunshine said...

Yuck that's plenty of Spooky. Hey look at me I'm first this week. Considering I thought yesterday was today and came looking yesterday...

Denise :) said...

Ooog, you're right, that is SPOOKY!! Blah! LOL!! But on the positive side, those big ol' garden spiders to a great job of eating the bugs we don't like! :)

Kate said...

Definitely spooky, ugly too! LOL. Spiders are very good as they do keep down other pests.

Dana Gaffney said...

Ugh, how big is that thing? I like his web, but he looks huge. I remember something like that from when I was a kid, giant spiders that would spin webs all over the garden at night.

Pat said...

I'm not crazy about spiders and kill them when I see them. The camp I bought this summer was full of them and their webs. Yuck! But they do making interesting webs. I just don't like getting caught in them.

quiltzyx said...

Cool AND spooky!
I have spiders around here too, but none THAT big....