9/17/11

Foto Finish: Look Up

This week's Foto Finish theme is:  "Look Up"  I was undecided on my entry this week, but finally settled on this one:


These are rock climbers scaling the face of El Capitan in Yosemite National Park.  We were told that it takes three days to climb to the top, which means that the climbers must spend at least two nights sleeping on the face of the rock.  If it were me, there would be no sleeping.  Is this courage or insanity?  And just so that the scale of the rock face isn't lost on you, here is an image of the whole of El Capitan. 


For next week's theme, we'll be turning a new season, and so I've settled on:  Autumn

I imagine some of you who have been living with the heat of summer will be glad to see it come.  Now, here's Mr. Linky.


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

9 comments:

Maree said...

Insanity I think -I couldn't imagine spending two nights sleeping on a rock face.

Kate said...

Wow, I love your view of "looking up". Look like a shot out of National Geographic.

I think it has to be insanity to climb. Sleeping on the rock face is double insanity!

Dana Gaffney said...

I've always found rock climbing to be fascinating and scary. Beautiful pictures.

homeschoolmommy said...

I miss Yosemite. My sister used to work there for a summer.

WoolenSails said...

Great shots, love the idea of rock climbing, but just the idea, not actually doing it, lol. I took some practice photos today, but not much interesting to see, so will see what I got.

Debbie

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I find rocck climbing fascinating too...from an 'Im standin on the flat ground' perspective.

Elaine @ Commotion said...

I was out there as a kid....loved it.....just beautiful!! I wouldn't be doing that though!!

Linda Big D said...

I'm posting on my lunch hour so don't have access to my photo files, so just chose one of my quilts from my blog. Not sure it's "looking up" but its bright colors make me feel "up". If I had my photos, I'd include one of the glacier shots from our recent trip to Glacier National Park.

quiltzyx said...

That is a very awesome shot!
Nope, no way would I think sleeping on a big rock was NOT insanity!

I'm having problems with my harddrive at home, and I'm waiting for a new one to arrive. I don't want to try to download anything onto it now, in case it totally crashes. Hopefully next week I'll up & running again! :D