9/26/11

Design Wall Monday--September 26, 2011

It really started feeling like Fall in my neck of the woods yesterday when we got several good downpours during the day.  The rain is forecast to hang around until Wednesday.  That isn't doing my tomatoes any good.  But I used the day to work on the first stitchery for the Sew Happy Sewalong.  Don't worry.  It's not Christmas yet.


This piece is 7 x 8 inches, so it was easy to do in one day, if not one sitting. 

The best new thing this week is that I completed the last block for my "Let Sleeping Cats Lie" quilt

and then I finished the whole quilt top!  Hooray!


And, finally, I completed the 2nd stitchery for my "A Day in the Life of Mr. Bear" quilt.


That's it from me this week.  What's on your design wall?  To see what others are working on visit:

Patchwork Times

10 comments:

Mommarock said...

Oh my gosh! You really have me beat. I have to get going on my Santa Stitching. I havn't even cut out the fabric.. naughty! I did get a quilt top stitched together this weekend instead.. oh and I restored my dang computer :(

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

You cat quilt is amazing!! Congrats on a beautiful finish!
Both of your redwork pieces are darling.

Sand and Sunshine said...

Wow what a switch, great quilt.

Bethany said...

Love the cats!

Diane said...

great projects-the sleeping cats one is too cool. sweet little stitcheries!

Snoodles said...

I love your sleeping cats quilt! You have done such a great job....love the colors in the blocks, but I really like the way the border finishes it off! Super finish!

KaHolly said...

Am loving that cat quilt! I made a similar quilt years back with seahorses, but it wasn't as intricate. Fun, fun, fun!

Quilter Kathy said...

You are really making lots of progress on your projects...very inspiring!

Becky said...

Hi - I'm slow getting around design wall monday, but just wanted to say that your sleeping cat quilt is wonderful!

Anonymous said...

WOW! I love the little redwork Santa ♥