8/27/11

Foto Finish--Favorite Places

This week's Foto Finish theme is:  Favorite Places

Here's my entry.


This is an image of Zabriskie Point in Death Valley National Park.  When we travel south for the winter, we always travel back to Death Valley, even though we've explored it many times.  The park is so vast and its formations so unusual, that we always feel as if it gives us just a taste of what it might be like to visit another planet.  We never tire of it.

For next week's theme, I'm going with:  Things on Four Legs

Now I'm ready for your favorite places.  Here's Mr. Linky:


Mister Linky's Magical Widgets -- Thumb-Linky widget will appear right here!
This preview will disappear when the widget is displayed on your site.
For best results, use HTML mode to edit this section of the post.

8 comments:

Maree said...

What a stunning photo - would love to visit there some day.

Kate said...

Wow, beautiful shot! It's so hard to capture the scope of scenes like that. You did a beautiful job with it!

Unknown said...

my favorite place is Grand Canyon, the place where you merge with earth. hugs

Pat said...

Great shot! It reminds me of an episode of the Twilight Zone.

Lucky Duck Dreams said...

I love wild places! Beautiful!

Dana Gaffney said...

Beautiful, Barbara, that's a place I want to see.

quiltzyx said...

It almost looks like folds of fabric. Gorgeous texture & colors, it's easy to see why you return every year!

Jen said...

Death Valley is one of my favorite national parks. So much to see! I love that ghost town with all the crazy art installations too. And the homemade ice cream, yum! Great pic!