6/21/11

First Day of Summer!


Happy Summer!!

Summer's here
I'm for that
Got my rubber sandals
Got my straw hat
It's my favorite time of the year
And I'm glad that it's here.

(from Summer's Here, by James Taylor)



Isn't he just dreamy?  James Taylor is the only man I'd leave my husband for.  But he hasn't written to say that he's coming to whisk me away, so I guess I'll get on with the rest of my day.  (Sigh.  Life-long school girl crush.)

I'm heading out momentarily for the grocery store.  As I've said before, it's one of my most hated tasks.  I figure I'll get it over early.  Then I'm coming home to weed my culinary herb garden.  I weeded all the landscaped areas earlier in the spring, but a new crop of weeds have grown up.  It's hard to get out and do much weeding when it rains all the time.  We've had enough dry days in a row that it's time to start watering the flower pots.  And I noticed some big old broad-leafed weeds coming up in the vegetable garden.  They have tap roots clear to China, and so I'll need a shovel for those.  It's a great day for it, however.  Once I get the grocery shopping out of the way, it's going to be an outdoors day.  George will be so happy!


5 comments:

The Vegetarian Hunter said...

My husband HATES grocery shopping to, but for some reason I like it - until I get to the till that is.

Its been raining non stop here as well, today was the first day I have seen the sun in at least a week. Its already clouded over though. Oh well! Lots of fires up north that need to be extinguished so I will not complain =)
Happy weeding.
Cheers,
Carolyn

quiltzyx said...

Enjoy your day outdoors with George!

Sarah said...

Hmm - grocery shopping is one of my favorite errands. I love to look for new stuff to cook with and can never get out of there with more than I wanted or something new to try.

Jo said...

I think I actually still have everything "my" sweet baby james ever recorded on actual records no less!

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

I was just complaining today on my blog because I had to go to the grocery store, the only good thing was then I get to stop at the fabric stores. Weeding for me tomorrow.