6/20/11

Design Wall Monday--June 20, 2011

It doesn't seem like it, but I managed to get a lot of sewing done this week.  I've been working a lot on the embroidery for my Winter Wonderland quilt, and I'm closing in on completing the one I'm working on for the month of June.  It isn't finished yet, however.  I'll post an image when it's complete.  I did finish two more stars however.  Each of these is six inches.  The first one is a "Double X" star.


This one is the "Maple" star.

Next month I'll do a 9-inch and a 12-inch Maple star.

Then, I promised I would reveal the quilt I've been keeping a mystery.  I posted it earlier in the week, but if you're not a regular follower, you may not have seen it.  Here it is.  I call this "Santa Fe."  It's a table mat for my handmade gift exchange partner in South Africa.



This is the pieced back:


Finally, I fused the pieces for the September block of my "Home is Where the Heart Is" block-of-the-month quilt.  I still need to do the topstitching for this block.  That usually takes about a day.  Then I have three more blocks and a log cabin border, and this one will be finished.


For more design walls, click here:


Patchwork Times

4 comments:

Charlene S said...

Wow! One lucky swap partner! I love both star blocks.

AnnieO said...

Lovely star blocks! I have never understood why the first one is called a Double X--I can't even find one X in there :)

Stunning swap block quilt. It is really wonderful.

Lynette said...

Definitely a lucky swap there. :) Love the winter stars!

Kate said...

I love those blue star blocks! You've gotten a lot done this week!