4/15/11

Baby Quilt Started

I got almost the whole top completed on my baby quilt today. 

(The colors are off in this image.  The bright pink is too bright and the rest is too dim.)  I like it better in person.  I'm going to put another border on it using the same pink print (not the bright one), and then it will be ready to quilt. 

In the past, I've just done a diagonal grid in the main part of the quilt.  Then I use a decorative stitch from my sewing machine in the narrow first border.  Since the print has butterflies in it, I'm going to try my hand at free motion quilting some butterflies in the outer border.  I've never been very good at drawing, so this could be interesting.

That's what I worked on today.  I didn't expect to get this far with it, and so I'm pretty happy this evening.


1 comment:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

I’m liking it even with the color shift. Good that you are ahead of the schedule, you go grrrl.