2/2/11

Quilt Shop: Quilter's Paradise

I have been wanting to see this quilt shop ever since we left home.  I've done business online with them in the past.  They make the most wonderful tool:  the Cut-Rite Bind-Up Tool.  I was having so much trouble with my bindings until I found this tool, and they make it on site along with several other tools.

Quilter's Paradise is located in Escondido, California, and it was very easy to find right off the highway.  It was in a large warehouse-style building, but I imagine they need the space because they are manufacturing tools with lasers, and also doing other laser-related services.  Look closely at this picture and spy the photographer.


The store was a big WOW when I walked inside.  They had so much fabric--something for everybody.




They had a wonderful collection of tools, many developed and manufactured right there in the shop.  There was a manufacturing area through a door off the main shop, and there also appeared to be a large classroom at one end of the shop.  There were a number of unique kits made up for people of all stripes and tastes.  Isn't this cute?



 There were plenty of people working there so that even with several customers in the store, I didn't have to wait long for someone to cut my fabric and take my money.  And I did spend more than I wanted to here, but I don't regret it.  I thought these would be nice in my Peaches and Dreams quilt:


which looks like this on my design wall at home:


And I got this one to use for the border and binding in my Winter Wonderland quilt that I've been working on while we've been traveling:


Here is one of the stitcheries and two of the stars from that quilt:



Also, I got some white tone-on-tone and cream tone-on-tone yardage and a couple of fat quarters to use in some of the stars and stitcheries that I have left to make:



They had a nice supply of patterns for half price, and so I picked up a few of those.





Look for these in my April Giveaway when I reintroduce Fun Fact Friday Freebie on April 1st!

This was a quilt shop well worth the trip and the wait to see it.  I give it five rotary cutters out of five.  The shop is huge, and there is definitely something for everyone.  There were a number of unique tools, kits, and patterns that I haven't seen before, and there was fabric for everyone's taste.  I doubt anyone could walk in and not find something they would like.  If you live in the area or you ever visit the area, be sure to check in and see for yourself.

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time at the quilt shop :)

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

What a fun day to fill your eyeballs with beauty !~!

Dana Gaffney said...

You're close to Cozy Quilt which also makes it's own tools. Are you planning a visit? I'm really enjoying your trip. Thanks.

Mommarock said...

Oh I think I would have a hard time getting out of that store.. fabric overload.