2/2/11

Quilt Shop: Eleanor Burns' Quilt In A Day (yes! the real Eleanor Burns!)

We reached San Diego today, and we'll be here for two days.  But we spent most of the day north of San Diego in quilt shops, and I have two new ones to tell you about.  I'll start with Eleanor Burns' shop first.  We were planning to visit another one in Escondido, but when I realized that we were so close to Eleanor Burns' shop, I felt I just had to see it.  (I actually didn't even know she had a shop.  I just thought she had a TV show and wrote books.)

Her shop, Quilt In A Day is located in San Marcos, California, which is right next door to Escondido.  It wasn't much to look at from the outside,


but it was easy to find, thanks to the nice big sign in the driveway.



I cracked up when I spied her parking place.



The shop inside was very nice.  I would have expected nothing less. 



The door leading off to the right went to a nice big classroom.  Wouldn't it be fun to take a class from her?  And they had lots and lots of fabric, with a nice selection of half-price and 40% off fabrics.  I got these two for $5 per yard:



(Couldn't resist these cats!)



This one was full price, but it reminded me so much of the tulips I posted for Foto Finish a few weeks ago.



The damage wasn't too bad when I went to pay because of the great sale prices.  However, I did spend over $50, and so they gave me this bag and an additional 5% off. 


They tell me that I can take this bag to an Eleanor Burns booth at any quilt show anywhere in the country and get 5% off any purchases I make.  Not bad!

I would definitely give this shop five rotary cutters out of five--my top rating.  The prices were very competitive, there was lots of beautiful merchandise, it was easy to find, the service was good . . . what more could one ask for?  Well, here's something:  If you live in the area, you get a guild discount, and you also get a discount one time during your birthday month. 

I was so glad we took the time to check out this shop.  I hope you'll get a chance to see it one day too.


1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Wow how cool is that!!!