2/21/11

Design Wall Monday--February 21, 2011

I didn't think I would get any sewing done this week, but I managed to get some more stars done for my "Winter Wonderland" quilt, and I finished another of the stitcheries.

These are 9-inch "Cut the Corners" stars:


There are two more of these, only six-inch size, left to make.  And here is the stitchery, "Snowball Fight." 



I've gotten way more done on this quilt while we've been traveling than expected to, and so I'm ahead of where I need to be for my UFO Challenge.  I expect I'll slow down when we get home next month sometime.  And, it's important to remember that I've done all the small stitcheries first.  Several of them are at least twice as big as the ones I've been doing.  Also, I realized that once I have it sewn together in November, I need to embroider over all the seam lines with a stem stitch.  I still have miles to go before I sleep.  I guess it's good to be ahead a little!

9 comments:

Kathie said...

very nice blocks, love the different blues.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I bought this same pattern probably 2 years ago and haven't started it yet. I need something as a "take-along" project and this would be perfect. I like it in blue too--not a color I usually use. Great work!

Sarah said...

How fun to see the snowmen block while I'm recovering from having shoveled about 10" of snow in our driveway!

Marti said...

What a cute quilt that is going to be. I love the snowmen. Your cats look sweet too.

quiltzyx said...

The star blocks are beautiful & the embroidery is fun! Keep up the great work Barbara!

AnnieO said...

The star blocks look perfectly pieced, just great.

Love the snowmen having a fight.

Kate said...

Beautiful star blocks, love the icy blues you've used. The embroidery is cute.

Angie in SoCal said...

Very nice star blocks. Is that pattern sometimes called Dolly Madison. Looks tricky but yours are great.

Katherine said...

Love your Winter Wonderland blocks, all those blues are just lovely!
hee hee... the snowman stitchery is too cute!
Safe travels and happy stitching....