1/19/11

January UFO Complete!

If you'll remember, I've committed to doing one stitchery and two stars each month through October from my "Winter Wonderland" quilt.  Then in November I'll sew it all together.  In December I'll quilt it, and I'll have a completed quilt by the end of the year.  Here's what it will look like when it's finished:


Obviously, it's supposed to be redwork, but I'm doing mine in blue.  Here's what I have so far:


I love these star blocks.  They're called "Star of Hope," and I've completed a 12-inch and a 6-inch block.  There is still another 6-inch Star of Hope and two 9-inch Star of Hope blocks that I'll finish as the months go by.  For now, I think I'm off to a pretty good start!

8 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Looks great; I prefer blue to red, too. Hope the tire situation resolves and your trip continues with enthusiasm and great photo opps.

Kate said...

Very pretty. I like blue better too. It's going to be a lovely quilt when you get it done.

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Wonderful stitchery. I love the colors of blue you are going with.

AnnieO said...

Wonderful progress--congrats on a UFO finish. The stars and stitchery will look great all put together.

Peach Rainbow said...

They look cute & winter-y

LethargicLass said...

it's looking lovely!

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I love this in blue! Seems a great color for winter. I have this pattern and wish I'd committed to doing what you're doing. Maybe sometime. . . Nice!

Heather said...

That is going to be adorable! Love what you've done with it so far. Congrats on meeting your goal for January!