12/21/10

Update on our Trip

Mike has still been busy at work, and so we haven't been able to leave on our Snow/Rainbird trip as soon as we would have liked.  Right now we're planning on January 2nd, but that could still change.  Mike's been working like crazy to get the 5th Wheel ready to go, and it seems as if he solves one problem only to uncover another.  I'm just glad it's all happening now, before we take off, rather than waiting until we're on the road.

I'm kind of deciding only to take one project with me while we're gone, but I might end up taking a couple of things that I've fallen behind on.  I don't have enough room to work on large quilts, and so I'm thinking of just small projects or projects that allow me just to work on the blocks.  The one I've started, but haven't made much progress on is "WinterWonderland." 

I love this quilt, and every time I see it made up in a quilt shop, I fall in love with it all over again.  I'm doing mine in blue, however.  I'm almost finished with the embroidery on my first block, but that's as far as I've gotten with it.  It seems like a perfect project to work on while I'm traveling.  And as I write this, I'm sort of rededicating myself to just this one project again, instead of taking anything else.  It will certainly save on space.

I'm still up in the air about whether to continue Fun Fact Friday Freebie while we're gone.  It could end up being a big hassle because our internet access is never guaranteed.  And then there's the matter of finding a post office, which is not always easy to do.  On the positive side, it means going to quilt shops, and that is a definite benefit.  I'll have to keep my fat quarters stocked up, after all!  I'm definitely going to keep blogging and posting about our travels.  I'll also be posting lots of pictures, which means Foto Finish will continue in full swing.  For now I'm thinking I'll play it by ear with Fun Fact Friday Freebie.  If we have internet access, I'll do it, but if not, some weeks might get missed.  I'll keep you informed as we go.  And when we return and I can pick it up in regular full swing, I'll do a nice giveaway to reintroduce it.  How does that sound? 

So with all that said, our trip is about ten days off.  It's too soon to start packing just yet, but soon.  Right after Christmas!  Now I'm starting to get excited.  Our first destination?  Death Valley.  We just love it there.  It should take us about three days, weather permitting.

6 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Winter Wonderland is so cute. I hope you will share your progress of it while you are on your trip. I certainly hope that the rain will have eased by the time you reach Death Valley. Things should be greening up over there with all of the wetness. Happy holidays to you and your family and safe travels!!

Mommarock said...

I think your quilt choice is wonderful.. as far as Fun Fact Friday.. well your trip should not be burdoned with any hassles.. just FUN, FUN, FUN..
Now the 5th wheel.. whisper to it.. if you are going to break down at all .. it has to be right outside of a quilt/fabric store!

Melinda said...

I have been working on Winter Wonderland in blue also. I have more than half the blocks done but haven't worked on it in quite a while. A word of advice - don't do all the small blocks first. I made that mistake and now I have the ones with about a million pink needles to stitch.

Melinda said...

That was supposed to read pine needles, not pink ones.

Aliene said...

Go and have a good time. Fun Fact Friday will be there when you get back. No need to be pressured while you are trying to enjoy yourself.
Merry Christmas from our house to yours.

LethargicLass said...

I'm just glad we'll still hear from you and I am excited about lots of photos :)

Funny... My verification word is "vallyto" maybe it knows your destination lol