12/26/10

Santa Came to my House

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas, your celebrations, and your families.  Santa was certainly good to me. There weren't a lot of objects under the tree to be unwrapped, but they were good ones: an iPad and EQ7 software. I've messed with the iPad all morning. Now it's time to start messing with the EQ7. I'm so looking forward to designing and posting some free patterns. We'll see how long it takes me. I seem to have a black thumb when it comes to electronics. Even my husband, the engineer, has agreed that things seem never to work in my hands. He picks it up and does exactly what I was doing, and it works fine. He hands it back to me . . . doesn't work. He just shakes his head. (I'm more into shaking my fist.)  After I've had some time to mess with it, I'll let you know how it's going.

My family all seemed happy with the hand-made gifts they got. I told them there was no requirement that they like anything I made for them, but they actually seemed pleased. My husband liked the awful machine embroidered t-shirt I made for him, and he's excited for me to finish the other two. The placement was good . . . just needs to move a little more to the center to be perfect.

Erik loved his silly OSU hat. He said that when it comes to football games, the sillier the hat, the better. In that case, his hat should be a winner. And Mae put on her pocket scarf and didn't take it off the rest of the evening. Things tend to fall off of Mae . . . her earrings, her barrettes. She said she's always asking people to hold things for her, and when the game is over, she doesn't remember to get them back. With her new pocket scarf, she'll be able to hold on to her own stuff. She liked her little iPod case too. She especially liked the hook, which was my favorite feature.

Matthew didn't make it home for Christmas. That isn't surprising since he has a girlfriend. I suspect that his girlfriend (Lindsay) was a bigger draw than anything we might have put under the tree for him.  Who can blame him?

George and Gracie loved the paper and the ribbon, although they weren't very happy about the change in their routine.  Cats are creatures of habit and parties and company aren't exactly their cup of tea.  They are happy that things are back to normal this morning, and they are comfortably snoozing in front of the fire as I write this.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend, wherever in the world you may be.  As for me . . . I'm off to design patterns.  (And now I'm going to have to find myself an EQ7 button for my blog so I can join the rest of the club!)

2 comments:

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Lovely gifts. I received and Ipad also-i was lucky enough to get it early and have so enjoyed playing with it. I am learning Physics and the Star Walk is the finest five bucks I’ve spent in a long time. Free books that can be read anywhere--Lynda found heaven and it fits perfectly into my current Ecuadrian purse. My my how blessed are we!!~!

Mommarock said...

How exciting! I look forward to see what you create! I got some lovely coconut Bath lotion and bubble bath.. (I love to relax in the tub.. sometimes sleep LOL)...I also got a gift cert to get my toes pampered.. ahhhh..