12/27/10

Design Wall Monday, December 27, 2010

I only worked on BOM's this week, and with the holiday, even those got interrupted.  But I'm getting caught up.  I have two more, one of which is in process.  I got all caught up on my Checkerboard Flowers.  Here are the Bachelor's Buttons:


And here are the Coneflowers:


And here are all the blocks I've made so far:


I still have five blocks to receive on this one, and there will probably be three waiting for me when I return from our snowbird adventure.  The quilt is getting closer and closer, but lots of checkerboards to go, unfortunately.  They aren't bad.  I've been strip-piecing them, and they go together faster than you might imagine.

I'm working on one of two blocks for a different quilt now, one that has lots of embroidery.  It isn't much to look at, so I'll show you next week, when I have it finished.  Until then, I'm going to check and see what the rest of you are up to. 

8 comments:

JoQuilter said...

Very nice. I like everything about these blocks.

Kate said...

Ooooh! Pretty, pretty! Beautiful quilt!

Maree said...

These are gorgeous.

Teaquilts said...

It's been a while since I saw your checkerboard flowers and I forgot about them. They are so cute! I love the piecing with the applique.

Alycia said...

Very pretty - love the checkerboards!!

Peggy said...

Those are just really pretty!!

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

Flowers make the world friendlier. I really like the flowers centered in the checkerboard--strip piecing looks like the way to go for certain.

Happy New Year, Barb.

Angie in SoCal said...

Just lovely - keep up the good work. It is so coloful.