11/13/10

Foto Finish--Leaves

Good morning!  I'm so glad you stopped by for today's Foto Finish.  This week's theme is "Leaves," and here is my entry:


It's getting more wintery where I live, and while we haven't had snow yet, it is getting colder.  This shot was taken a couple of years ago when we had an early snow on Autumn leaves.  Most of the leaves in our area have fallen by now, but there are still a few hangers on.  A few years ago, we planted a tree in our yard--a maple, I think--hoping for one of those trees that gets the bright, bright reddish-orange leaves in the fall.  Last I checked, it still hadn't finished changing.  I must remember to check today or I'll miss it.  This is the first year it's really had any size to it, and so I'm kind of excited to see if we were successful in our choice of a tree.

So now I'd like to see how you interpreted the theme.  Please link up and show us your work.

Next week's theme will be:  Creepy-Crawly   .

2 comments:

Elaine @ Commotion said...

I'm so glad that you're still doing Foto Finish!! I keep missing it and I read that you might stop, I got worried!! LOL

Your photo is great.....so pretty.....love the effect of the snow on the leaves.

Maree said...

Hi Barbara

This photo was taken in Vietnam when we were there on holiday in July. I have cropped it from a larger photo. I know I have some fabulous photos of leaves taken earlier this year but am having trouble finding them. I have them on FlickR but I have let my pro account lapse as I wasn't spending as much time in FlickR and have just discovered that they will only display my most recent 200 images. Unfortunately the leaf pictures are not in those 200 images.