10/30/10

Foto Finish--Cold

This week's Foto Finish theme is "Cold."  Here is my entry:


These are leafless snow-laden branches of a Red Coral Maple tree.  I so wanted one of these trees in our yard because I love the bright red color of the bark during the winter.  We tried twice to grow one, but they seem not to tolerate the cold well, and both died.  We didn't try again.  Nevertheless, I did manage to get this one shot to remind me how much I loved it.

Next week's Foto Finish theme will be "Big."  I'm curious to see what you will come up with.

Now I'd like to see your images of "Cold" and how you chose to interpret this week's theme.

2 comments:

Maree said...

These photos were taken on our fabulous holiay in Canada and Alaska in 2009. The first one was taken at Lake Louise. The ice was only a few days from being completely melted. The second photo was taken on the Inside Passage cruise. We were blessed with the most fantastic weather for the whole of our holiday.

Maree said...

Further to my last comment I have the photos the wrong way round. The op one is fron the Inside Passage cruise.