8/11/10

Product Review: Machingers Quilting Gloves

I think if my blog is to be something worthwhile, it should have a purpose.  I'm telling you about quilt shops I visit, but I haven't visited any for a few weeks.  I can also tell you how I like products I try and whether I think they're worth the money.  For example, those little mini irons for crafts?  Not worth the money.  I now have two sitting taking up space in my drawer.  They might be good for crafts, but they're worthless for applique.  They don't get hot enough.  Further, I've been doing fine with my regular iron.  I'm not sure what made me think these little guys would be any better.

When I posted my Grand Slam quilt, I told you how unhappy I was with the Fons & Porter quilting gloves.  They were comfortable enough.  But I couldn't get my clipped threads off of them.  I could shake my hand until my wrist hurt, and the threads stuck like flypaper.  Since I know some people are happy with the Machingers, I decided to give them a try.  Leah Day has a handy size chart on her website that I used to get the proper fit, and it was accurate. 

I ordered them online and they came in about a week.  Everything I've heard about them is true.  They are comfy to wear, they give you good grip on the quilt, and they leave you with at least some dexterity.  I hate how clumsy I feel in gloves ordinarily.  They come in several sizes, and so you can get a good fit.  Now that I've tried them, I'm satisfied that I don't need to shop any further.  You can get them at Leah's website, but I found a better deal here:   Hittle Wholesale Sewing Supplies.  They come fast, and they sell to the public.  The only disadvantage is that you can only get two sizes here, while you can get all four sizes from Leah.

Let me know what you think of them if you give them a try.  The more info I have, the better these reviews will be.  And how will you find products I've reviewed?  Use the search box in the upper right of the screen.

Next up:  Thread Heaven.

No comments: