Good morning, my friends. This will be a shorty. There are two reasons for that. First, we gave ourselves a chill day yesterday, which meant we did next to nothing. It was warm, but very windy outside, and so it wasn't particularly pleasant being out there. We might have taken the walk down by the river, but the wind discouraged us. And, if I'm being honest, the warning about the presence of venomous snakes killed my curiosity about anything else we might find there.
Instead, I spent a good part of the day slow-stitching. When I'd done all I wanted to in the morning, I had it this far.
Since I'd nearly filled my hoop, I decided to move to the right. It allowed me to capture what remained of the sheep.
Then I spent some more time on it in the afternoon, finishing off all that little seed stitch fill in the sheep on the left. Sheesh...that took forever. When I finished for the day, I had it this far.
As for the second reason to keep this short, we're moving on down the road today...just about an hour. Our next stop was to be Grand Coulee, Washington. Unfortunately, our furnace still is not working reliably, and our original reservation was for another no-hookup spot. All that wind yesterday was indicative of a change in the weather. The forecast calls for highs in the 50's and lows in the 30's in Grand Coulee over the next couple of days. Obviously, we need reliable heat.
So, I canceled that first reservation and found an RV park in Electric City, Washington, for our next stop. We'll have hookups and we'll be able to use our electric heater if we need to. In fact, we now have hookup reservations to get us the rest of the way home a week from tomorrow. And with the Grand Coulee Dam right next door generating electricity, "Electric City" is a perfect name for that little town.
All righty, then. It's time to have something to eat, and then start buttoning things up for the journey.
Sadie posed for her picture this morning, but she's still on the hunt for an agent. Her business affairs will need to wait until she can get home and have access to her own desktop computer. Honestly, why can't the humans pack everything a cat needs? The correct answer to that question could earn you a position as her personal assistant.
No comments:
Post a Comment