Good morning, my friends. Since we took advantage of yesterday's nice weather for our hike on the Cape Flattery Trail, we had nothing on the day's agenda. That meant a day of relaxation. We're not sure if Sadie was happy for us to hang around or not. She was doing her Greta Garbo routine: "I vant to be alone." She took her morning nap inside the cubby over our bed, dedicated to the use of the kitties when we're in the camper.
Here's some information about the artist.
Outside, and across the street from the restaurant, were these two figures. They were on the front lawn of a Makah Cultural Museum. We're not really museum people, and so we didn't go to the museum, but I liked these guys.
It was breezy and cool on the beach, so we were only out for a few minutes. Back at the camper, I spent some more time on my slow-stitching.
This morning, we'll be heading toward Port Angeles. We have an appointment at the local Les Schwab to get our tire fixed, and then we'll have two nights in Port Angeles. We have one hike on our agenda, and we're hoping for good weather tomorrow for that. The forecast is looking good so far.
So buckle your seatbelts, my friends. I hope y'all have enjoyed your own day of rest. You'll probably want to rest up again today. Our hike tomorrow is about two miles with a 324 foot elevation gain. Get a good night sleep, okay?







5 comments:
Glad you got those fried oysters, and too bad about the fry bread. I, too, like Dennis Allen’s work. I found a Seattle gallery’s website showing more of his work: https://stoningtongallery.com/artist/dennis-allen/ Dot in NC
Those fried oysters look delicious!! The only way I actually like oysters. LOL The cod would have been yummy too I'm sure. Hope you get plenty of sunshine for your next few days.
Mmm, fried oysters, certainly afavoutite of mine. But they are terribly expensive down here in New Zealand. We have wonderful plump "Bluff" oysters, harvested in Bluff in the South Island, and "Pacific" oysters which are nice, but not as tasty in my opinion.
So glad you took your walk in the sunshine. The cloudy weather makes for a nice photos, but probably not as fun to be out in. Hope your drive to the next stop went well and you got the tire fixed.
Definitely a gloomy view of the ocean. Amazing that it wasn't a black n white photo, but I guess you can say you had a black n white day? Still beautiful. Could be a good setting for a murder mystery movie. I too love art work from First Nation Artists and the one you are planning for an art quilt will be stunning. Enjoy Port Angeles and your hike.
Post a Comment