Good morning, my friends. No more progress was made on the lemurs yesterday. I spent most of the day on my kitchen projects. By the time I could get to my sewing, I just wanted to sit and stitch on the quilt binding until it was finished. It took of most of the remainder of the afternoon, but eventually, I'd turned all four corners.
So that was a busy day. By day's end, Smitty was channeling my energy level.
I did nothing outside, and so I'll have to get out today and try to be more productive. The bird feeders need filling, and I'll need to check the garden for any more marauding zucchini. I'm hoping I'll find more pickling cucumbers too. Happily, the garden has been producing in dribs and drabs so far, and so I've been able to keep up with it. That will probably change when the green beans start producing.
With the Kittens quilt finished, I'm ready to start quilting the next quilt on the pile. Next up will be the Girls' Getaway quilt. It's draped over Eliza ready for its turn under my needle. I'll be using all white thread for this.
As usual, quilting will be my first priority, and then I'll get back to the Lemurs.
I expect to spend at least another two days on the thread painting. From there, I'll add the back and do some quilting in the background. Already I know what to do for the quilting, which is half the battle. Then, it will just need binding, and the Lemurs will be finished.
There’s a pretty day on the horizon. After those smoky days last week, clear skies and mountain views are a welcome sight. That’s it from me today. Have a good day, Everyone!








4 comments:
So amazing to see those lemurs come to life! When I first saw the photo I thought "No Way" but they are truly a work of art.
Thanks for sharing your process!
Nice to know you have a home for the kitties quilt and that it's going where you'll get to see it once in awhile.
I have to hunt down some zucchini for relish but it's too hot to even think about making it right now. Maybe next week will be cooler.
Zucchini relish sounds delicious. I have a receipe somewhere and I have zucchini so I'd better find the recipe and get to work. The kitties quilt is so cute, great finish. I'm looking forward to seeing the quilting on Girls Getaway.
The kitty quilt is really cute. I hope Mae has a special place for it. You've been moving along with your projects this year. That has to feel good.
Post a Comment