Good morning, my friends. Since we last chatted, a lot of water has passed under the bridge. Thankfully, Tuesday’s Moh’s procedure is in the rearview mirror. My doctor and his staff made the whole experience as pleasant as possible. Still, it took four swipes to get all of it, and my nose looks like it's been through a wringer...or something...maybe in a boxing ring or something. In any case, it's done, and I'm glad it's done. Yesterday had me feeling a little dragged out, mainly from the stress of the whole thing. And let me just tell you, having to drive to downtown Portland, and then home again was probably 50% of the stress right there.
Okay, so on to happier things. There was enough time to bake another loaf of zucchini bread before I needed to head out on Tuesday. This one is Whole Wheat Zucchini-nut Bread.
Some time ago, I posted a link to the recipe, but the link no longer works. The recipe seems to have disappeared from the internet. No worries. I have it right here:
Then yesterday morning, I made a batch of pickles. Before I started, I harvested about a dozen more cucumbers from the garden. Unfortunately, I had to toss quite a few of the earliest ones. They’d already started going to the dark side, and so I couldn’t use them. I ended up with less than the four pounds I’d been shooting for, but it still translated into six pints of dill pickles. A good yield.
\
There are lots more cukes coming. Next time, I won’t wait so long.
Okay, and there’s been plenty of slow-stitching. It’s the best way I know to calm frazzled nerves.
As for the quilting, it has taken me the past two days, but I’ve finished all the pieced/border blocks on the right side of the quilt now. I’m sticking with the dot-to-dot motifs.
For these traditional blocks, it works well, and I can cover a lot of ground without cutting thread.
Here, I added in a feather around the “churn dash” part of this block. The embroidery was outlined.
More dot-to-dot on this one.
Some terry twists here.
And that brought me to the end of the row. Now I’ve rotated the quilt another 90 degrees, and I’ll start quilting the top row of pieced blocks today.
As I was cleaning things up, Smitty decided to give the quilt a snuggleability test. I reminded him that I wasn’t finished with the quilting yet. No matter. He checked it for napability too.
So I’m feeling quite a bit better this morning. The whole Moh’s thing had me a little wound up, but I’m approaching normal again. There’s one housekeeping chore on the day’s agenda, but otherwise, the day is my own. It’ll probably end up being a mostly sewing day. It should be easy enough to quilt another row of blocks, and then I’d like to get back to the little Cozy Quilt sawtooth star I was working on before.

Probably I’ll go ahead and quilt it on my domestic machine, It would be quick, and I can have another little finish.
Right now…slow-stitching. It’s a good way to settle myself down in preparation for a more normal kind of day.
1 comment:
I'm glad the procedure went mostly well for you. Enjoy the sewing day. Seeing those pickles made hungry for pickles. I just had bought a jar of home canned pickles at the farm stand this weekend, so it's time to open them and enjoy.
Post a Comment