Good morning, my friends. There wasn't a lot on yesterday's to-do list, which left me plenty of time to get distracted with trip planning. We're planning a trip to South Dakota and Colorado next year (that's fall of 2027). When I noticed a destination we could add to our trip, I got completely immersed in re-routing an itinerary I'd already planned, as I am wont to do. When I looked at the clock, it was after lunch time. Oy. Oh well. Onward. (Honestly, I have as much fun planning a trip as I have when we actually take the trip. My dad was like that, and I have an idea it’s in my DNA.)
Before going off on a travel tangent, I finished up Block 11 for the Snowmen and Reindeer project. This one is called "Reindeer with Fancy Antlers."
There's just one more block to stitch, and then I'll be able to sew this into a finished quilt top. Here are the blocks I have so far.
There was still a little time for stitching, and so I just barely started on the next block for "Home is Where My Flock Is."
That was when I looked out the window to see the kitties out hunting in the field. They're both good hunters, but Sadie will give her treasures to Smitty. He's happy to let her do the hunting, while he stands lookout.
Don't worry, Sadie. I've got your back.
We keep watch on them when they're out, and we don't like them to get this far from the house. Right after taking that picture, we called them back, and they came running. They're good kitties that way. If they come when they’re called, they get treats.
There was one housekeeping chore on my to-do list, and then I could get back to my quilting. The sashings were mostly finished the day before, and so I didn't spend very much time on it yesterday. All the sashings are finished.
Now I've left it needle down in the outer border. I'm hoping to get it to binding stage today.
From there, I headed into the sewing room to do some more work on the lemurs. Sadie followed me. She considered how she might capture one of these creatures and have it for a snack.
Mainly, she just wanted to snuggle the fabrics.
The left eye on the left lemur was bothering me some, and so I spent some time on that, re-orienting and trimming the iris to a better shape. Since this is applique, I have to flip over my plastic pattern and trace from the wrong side. Sometimes I forget to do that, and I end up with a mirror image of what I was going for. I believe that might be what happened with the eye. Fortunately, it was of a shape that made it easy to trim and make it look better to my own eyes. As for the rest of it, after spending a couple of hours on it, I had it this far.
Here's the original photograph for comparison. As I'm looking at this, I'm realizing I need to add a gray piece on the right ear on the left lemur. There's also a tiny gray piece on the right ear of the right lemur I need to add. If there's time today, I'll fix both spots.
Today I'm getting a pedicure. It was rescheduled to accommodate our camping trip last week. So I ended up with a 2:30 time, which is less than ideal in my book. It pretty well shoots the whole afternoon. Hopefully, I'll have some time for sewing this morning. And if not, there's always tomorrow.
We've been watching the news about the wildfires coming out of Washington. Hopefully, none of you are in the conflagration there in Spokane. Stay safe, my friends, no matter where you are.
3 comments:
You must be visiting the western part of SDak, since there isn't all that much going on in the eastern part (born and raised there). Those lemurs are so cool! Wilbs decides when he'll listen if I call, most times not. Haha.
Your Snowmen and Reindeers are really cut and fun. The lemur project is coming along beautifully. It takes a good eye for color and lots of patience to work on one of those pieces. Appointments just run the normal routine. I'm glad to be done with PT, it was negatively impacting my normal routine.
Planning a trip is fun, I agree. Alas the days of long trips are ended for us because the RC can't ride in the car that long. The furthest we dare go is to visit our #1 son and his family that now live about 6 hours away and even then we have to stop several times to let him walk around.
The lemurs are growing nicely!
Post a Comment