Good morning, my friends. It was another mostly sewing day. We'll make up for all that sewing time today. It's a grocery shopping day, and we have a couple of other errands to run as well. Nevertheless, having a few days to focus on sewing has felt like a little mini vacation.
The morning started with the first stitches on Pieces of the Heart. This is going to stitch up pretty fast, I think.
Starting with the nine-patch block, I gave it some terry twists. As long as I’m doing feathers in the block backgrounds, that seemed as good a choice as any for those two sections on the right.
From there, I moved to the right and quilted the bathtub block. For this, I outlined most of the embroidery, and then filled in with a meandering feather in the backround.
There was an embroidered border at the bottom, and I did some loop de loop stuff there. There’s another border like this at the top of the quilt. I’ll do the same thing there.
Today I’ll start quilting the large camper block at the top half of the quilt. It’ll be done pretty much the way the other blocks have been done. Also, I’ll quilt that embroidered border at the top. From there, I’ll have the pieced blocks and the blue borders to quilt. Probably, I’ll do this one side per day, and I’ll also quilt the adjacent blue border. If I can keep up that pace, I should have this ready for binding within the week.
And I’m happy to say that the Lemurs are finished. It took a while, but I finished off all the thread-painting.
Then I added the quilt back and did some light quilting in the background. Behind the lemurs, I quilted a fern on either side.
At the left side and the bottom, I quilted a leafy vine.
Then, I machine sewed the binding.
From there, I thought I’d stop for the day, but I hand-sewed the binding while we watched the news, and the Lemurs are finished.
As a reminder, this is that the whole quilt looks like.
So, I’ve left it needle-down at the braided rug there, and I’ll start on this after lunch today.
For comparison, here is the original photograph:
Here’s how they look from the back. It ends up at 24 x 17 inches.
And that was a good way to end the day.
With the Lemurs finished, I’ll be moving to the next section on my white board which is to sew together a large quilt top. The only thing listed there are the blocks for A Year in the Garden.
Since I only just finished December’s block, I’m not sure I’m ready to start on that just yet. Instead, I’ll probably choose one of the smaller quilts to finish off. I believe the next one on the list is the “Cozy Quilt” project.
It was one of the “short” embroidery projects I finished up a couple of months ago. I’m not sure what I’ll do with it, but I have some pretty fabrics to choose from.
All right then. We have many miles to travel between now and whatever time I’ll have for sewing this afternoon. It’s probably time to be on my way.















5 comments:
Wow! Wow! Wow!!!! Your lemurs look a-mazing!!!
Your free motion quilting is so lovely, Barbara--And your little embroidery piece is simply so sweet...love the pastel colors in it...
Nice works all hugs, Julierose
The lemurs look really good and the quilting on the Girls Getaway is delightful.
Wow, you really moved on the Lemurs project this week. It turned out beautifully! Do you have a place to hang it or is it going to be a gift? The quilting on the Girl's Trip quilt is moving along and looking good. You've really been moving your projects to finished this year.
I am SO impressed with your lemurs! When I first saw the picture I thought what a difficult project it would be, but you've made it look (sort of) easy. Well done!
Post a Comment