10/2/24

A Day for Slow

Good morning, my friends. Happily, I can report that I'm feeling much better after my flu shot malaise of yesterday. Tylenol helped bring the fever down, but I still felt crummy for most of the day. Fortunately, I had my medicinal cat standing on me, checking my breathing and heart rate for most of that time.


It was a good day to spend slow-stitching. And I'm glad to report that my "Spices" quilt is finished. Here's your peek. I'll show it for real on the reveal date, November 1st.


For now, I'll just say I'm happy to have it finished. It seems as if I've been working on it absolutely forever, even though I only started it back in August. There was a lot of waiting involved in the process...waiting for stabilizer (twice), and waiting for fabric. It's hanging on the wall of my sewing room now. 

Most of the rest of my day was spent working on the "Phenology" piece, or else sleeping. There was plenty of sleeping.

Today I'll be back to my usual routine. When I can get into the sewing room, I'll continue working on Block 2 for the Merry, Merry Snowmen. This one needs top-stitching and I'll be doing both machine and hand embroidery on it. 


I'm doubtful I can finish it in a single day. If I do, I'll start making four more blocks for the Scrappy Plus quilt. These blocks are time-consuming to make. (I wrote "time-confusing," which is a perfect description of them.) In any case, they're next on my list of WIP's. The blocks are a pain, but I really like how this is looking.


And since it's time to choose a goal for October's


I'm choosing to make four more blocks for the Scrappy Plus quilt before the month is over. I believe the party has already started, and so I'll link up there this morning.

Finally, I still need to piece together a back for the Homestead quilt. The fabric is downstairs waiting for me to get with it.


There are some other things on today's to-do list. I'm glad to be feeling better. It's going to be a better and more productive day. Right now, it's time for breakfast, and then I'll get back to my morning session of slow-stitching. Have a good day, Everybody!

3 comments:

Barbara said...

The words of kindness are more healing to a drooping heart than balm or honey. ~ Sarah Fielding

Sara said...

Glad you are feeling better already. I'm planning to get my flu and Covid shots tomorrow. Usually I don't have much more than a sore arm. Hopefully that is the case this time too. That Christmas project is looking very cute.

dgs said...

I'm glad you are feeling better, but wowser the vaccine is still hitting you hard. I had mine earlier this month and didn't have any aches other than 1 night on my arm. But I'm so happy we have it. Relax and enjoy some kitty snuggles and sewing today.