2/14/24

A Day of Sloth

Good morning, my friends. As you might guess, it was a slow day here yesterday. When I left you, I was flying out the door for my hair appointment. When I got home, I was positively useless. And how could it be otherwise when you have cats like these?


Sadie practically held me down all afternoon. The only thing I could accomplish was slow stitching...emphasis on the "slow" part.


I stitched the day's Tiny Heart. 


And then I filled in what was left in my hoop of the Joyful Journey.


When I was free to move about the cabin, I moved my hoop to the right. There isn't much to do here before I'll be able to start on the bottom half of the piece.


That's pretty much all that was accomplished in my day. I was feeling better from my food hangover, but seriously lacking in energy. I'll get back to my usual activities today. A day off every now and then is good for the soul. My sewing goal for the day is to quilt one side of the dot-to-dot panel. I'll figure out something else to do after that. 

We've already had our Valentine's Day celebration. I hope y'all have a Happy Valentine's Day planned for yourselves. I recommend spending the day with cats and plenty of chocolate.



4 comments:

Barbara said...

The best thing to hold onto in life is each other. ~ Audrey Hepburn

Kate said...

Everyone needs a sloth day now and again. We went to dinner last Friday to celebrate Valentine's Day, it's almost impossible to get a table here on the holiday.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Days of sloth are often a good thing but not something I can indulge in very often because I get antsy after a couple of hours.

piecefulwendy said...

Those little heart stitcheries are so cute! Smitty and Sadie must be partying at night, to be so sleepy during the day!