1/28/24

All Slow

Good morning, my friends. It's true I didn't think I would be blogging today, but here I am. You know me...such a blabbermouth. After today, I am going to take a couple of days off. The carpet installation is set for tomorrow. We've been getting little reminder emails and texts from the crew that will be here to do it. All I know is that it will be nice to have things put back where they belong. New soft carpet on bare feet will be nice too.

My energy all went to slow-stitching yesterday. I'm tired of working on this Girls' Getaway panel, and so I'm stitching as fast as I can to finish it off. I started with this section in the morning.


Later in the day, I stitched this portion.


Now I've moved my hoop to the extreme right of the piece, and I expect I'll finish the whole thing within the next day or two. It seemed like a good idea to get the next two blocks for The Story of My Day ready to go. These are really fun to stitch. The first one is "Sweet, Mop, Vacuum, Dust."


Also, "Shop for Shoes."


Also in the mix yesterday, I emptied out all my dresser drawers, and the house is officially ready for the carpet installation. 

That's about all I have for you today. What you don't know yet is that the reveal for the "Patterns in Nature" challenge is coming up this week. When I leave you this morning, I'm going to write my reveal post. I'll bet you forgot all about this, didn't you?


Get ready. The reveal is Thursday. I'll leave you to ponder it between now and then. As for me, I'll be back on Wednesday...not Tuesday. I realized my helping hands will be needed on Tuesday, and my pedicure appointment is inconveniently scheduled for that day as well. It's probably best not to overload myself with things to do. So I'm signing off for a couple of days. When I come back, I'm hoping things will be put back in order again.

9 comments:

Barbara said...

It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop. ~ Confucius

Karrin Hurd said...

I'll bet you will be so ready for your carpet to be done. I cleaned out my master closet yesterday thoroughly and am heading up to Goodwill to donate 3 bags of stuff. Happy stitching!

karen said...

I don't envy your busy Monday. Hope everything is a success.
Sadie you be a good girl and don't escape. Hugs

Jenny said...

By now you probably have your nice new carpet installed, such a big job and so much preparation done in your home to get ready for it to happen.

Kate said...

So glad the third time was the charm and you got the carpet installed. Hopefully by now you've got a good start on moving everything back. Looking forward to your reveal on Thursday. Hope you get some catch up quilting time in there too.

piecefulwendy said...

Hope the carpeting gets in without any glitches and you can get back to regular programming! I may write up my challenge post this morning, too, or tonight. Curious to see what you've made!

CA Bobbie said...

Wowzer! My 1st time in Paducah I spent most of my time in "the land of amazement". I was new to quilting and in a class someone mentioned that show & my best friend(Mom) said shall we go? Probably early in the years of the show- 1986 or'87. We went several more years.I hope you have as much fun as we did.My last time there Caryl Bryer Fallert's Corona ll was the winner. It still knocks my socks off to think of being at that show,meeting her, and seeing it in person. Lovely times. I had such fun times there, I wish the same for you.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Fingers are firmly crossed that the universe aligned for carpet installation this time. Better you than me though because I'd have to move out for weeks until the carpet aired out enough for it not to affect my allergies.

CathieJ said...

We had carpet installed in the summer and all that furniture emptying and moving is a lot of work. I hope you are currently enjoying your new carpet. I like the embroidery you are working on and have queued up.