12/2/23

Little Green Frog

Good morning, my friends. My day started slow yesterday. I slept in later than usual, and so I was already behind on my agenda items before I even got out of bed. Fortunately, I had my invaluable stitching cat with me to help get the day moving along.


With her help, I stitched enough of the Bumble Sampler to decide to move my hoop to the right.


I couldn't quite fit the bottom corner in my hoop. While we watched the news, I did a little more stitching at the top. That allowed me to encompass the lower right corner, and now all is right with the world.


Speaking of things being right with the world, I found my other helpful sewing cat waiting for me in the sewing room.


He helped me sew together this little donation quilt I'm calling "Little Green Frog."


When I had the center panel sewn together, it just needed borders.


And now, I'm hanging my head in shame for inadvertently making this in the colors of the University of Oregon Ducks. And since we are strictly Oregon State University Beaver Believers, it's downright treasonous to have done this. I'll just have to finish it quickly, mail it off to Quilts for Kids, and no one will be the wiser. Mumm's the word, right?

So today's agenda will be to sandwich and quilt this little quilt. It ends up at 38 x 44 inches. I'll do a diagonal grid in the center portion and some loopy wavy stuff in the borders. The binding will be folded over from the back, as Quilts for Kids prefers. I don't know if I can finish it today. Probably, it will be for tomorrow.

Also today, I want to do a little more Christmas baking. I'm baking just one thing at a time. It's fun having a sweet little bite of something with our morning coffee. Today, I'm going to make some Cranberry Ecstasy Bars. Here's a picture of some I made way back in 2015, and that might have been the last time I made these.


They're a copycat recipe of the "Cranberry Bliss Bars" sold at Starbucks, and they are delicious. I was thinking recently that I hadn't made them in a long time. Since I have all the ingredients, it seems like a good time. I'm going to make just half the recipe and bake them in an 8 x 8 baking dish. I found the recipe in our local newspaper, but you can find it at that link I've given you above.

There's one housekeeping chore on today's agenda, but then...sewing and baking. What could be better than that? Maybe sewing, baking, and eating, but the eating part will have to come later.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

Here's a Thanksgiving tip. Generally, your turkey is not cooked enough if it passes you the cranberry sauce. ~ Joan Rivers

Sher S. said...

GO DUCKS!!! my school! Love the froggy quiltQ I have so much fabric I should be making quilts for kids. I didn't know there was a group doing that. Can I participate?

Kate said...

The froggy quilt is really fun, even if it is the wrong colors. Hope you got all your chores and baking in, along with a little sewing.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

There must be something about frogs these days because a little one came to live with me last week. If you want to see it's here... https://magpiesmumblings.blogspot.com/2023/12/look-at-what-came-in-mail.html
I know there will be a happy boy somewhere that will receive this quilt.

piecefulwendy said...

Little green frogs makes me think of all the years my dad worked as a John Deere parts manager. No frogs involved that I know of, though - just memories from the colors! Those bars! Yum!