3/10/23

Powerless

Good morning, my friends…if you can call it that. We lost power around midnight last night. Information on the Portland General Electric website indicates a tree is on the line, and that we can expect power to be restored by noon. Those pronouncements are nearly always wrong, but it can go either way. Power might be restored sooner. Power might be restored later. In the interim, we can set up a generator and keep our freezer and one refrigerator going. I’m most worried about losing stuff in the freezer, but I’m hopeful it won’t come to that. In any case, this is my post for today…such as it is. The only good news is that I have a fully-charged headlamp, and so I have many hours of hand-sewing ahead of me.

Oh yes, and I can’t forget…we have about three more inches of snow accumulation. Today is the last day to change or cancel our camping trip without losing our first night’s fee. We haven’t decided for sure, but I believe we’ll be canceling. This will be our third strike. There are two ways of looking at this “third of something” business. It can be that the third time’s a charm…or it could be three strikes and you’re out. We’re still mulling over which it will be.

Possibly, I’ll be back later today. For now, this is all I have for you. I’m posting from my iPad, and my patience with that is limited.

A picture for grins:



6 comments:

Barbara said...

Electricity is really just organized lightning. ~ George Carlin

Julierose said...

Oh sorry you are w/o power..that is never fun!!
Hope things go ok for your camping trip...hugs, Julierose

Karen said...

Thank you for the "grins" shot. Smitty is such beautiful poser. Thank you Smitty for the smile.
Losing power is one of the worst. We do all the time lately.
When power is lost, there's no toilet, no heat. It's just reading and hand embroidery. And naps😕A

Marianne said...

Sorry you've lost power. That happens here sometimes in VT when we have heavy wet snows with trees on the lines. Mostly, it's a summer thing here which is OK if it doesn't last too long. I start to worry about stuff in the freezer, too, when that happens.

Good thing you have hand sewing!

dgs said...

I'm glad you have a generator, especially at times like this. I hope your power comes on soon and no risk to losing what you have in your freezer. Sounds like a good day to stay inside and quilt. We received quite a bit of rain in So. Cal. last night, but this morning it is soft spider pee coming down. I'll have to see how much more we get today, but another big storm is coming early next week. I know all the water reservoirs need more, but I'm ready for winter to be over.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

I think that God is telling you not to go on this camping trip, at least that would be the way I would look at it. Sometimes we need to pay attention to these things.
Sorry your power went out and for so long but it's fortunate that you have a generator.