11/4/22

All Around Town

It was an exhausting day yesterday. I got my eyes checked and ordered some new glasses. Then I still had five more stops to make. It was mostly good stuff, starting with meeting Matthew for tea at this repurposed caboose. Fun, huh? That's Matthew there on the left.

We ordered our tea, and then waited while they brewed it. We found seats in the cupola of the caboose. How many people have had the opportunity to sit there?


Looking across, there was another table. It was a bit of a high climb to get up there, but not too much for these old knees.


Sitting and talking, we could watch what was going on in the kitchen from where we sat.


After that, I had a few more errands to run...nothing very interesting. I didn't get home until nearly 3:00 p.m., where I found Mike and a two-man crew busy in the basement finishing up. And, except for a couple of little details, the basement job is finished!!!!! Hooray!!!!!! 

Everything is moved back into the sewing room now, and I'm left to do a bit of reorganizing. There are lots of things in boxes, but I'm confident I can finish before day's end. I should be back in business in the sewing room by tomorrow.

So, with all that running around yesterday, there was no time for sewing...no quilting, and no slow stitching. I'm hoping I'll have some time to get back to it today, but getting the sewing room reorganized is my first priority. The kitties are happy to be back in their clubhouse too. They've been cut off from the basement since this all started back in April, and so we haven't seen much of them since we opened the main door to the basement.

I have a couple more errands to run in town today...follow-ups to some of yesterday's errands. It's raining cats and dogs outside. We're expecting up to three inches of rain today, which is another way of saying it's going to rain the whole live-long day. It's a good day to stay inside. I'll venture out for a short time, but then I'll get back to my reorganizing project. 

12 comments:

Barbara said...

My life is a train of unfinished tasks, one railcar after another of half-finished efforts, with no caboose in sight. ~ Philip Gulley

Soapstone Quilts said...

So very glad for you that you’ll soon have your sewing room back in order! What a long haul…but the end is in sight! Yay!

Julierose said...

Happy to hear you are "back in your sewing room"!! It's been an awfully long time for you. Enjoy hugs, Julierose

Vicki W said...

Yay! So glad your basement project is done! The caboose tea shop is really cute but Matthew looks like he's not so fond of being a photography subject. :D

Kate said...

That looks like a very cool place to have tea. Yeah for being back in the basement. Hope the reorganization goes quickly and you can get back to stitching.

Quilting Babcia said...

Oh happy day! Have fun getting reacquainted with all your fabric, tools etc. Will Mike be cooking for the next few days until you come up for air (or libations)?

Jenny said...

Thank goodness the basement is finally done, did you do a cartwheel to celebrate? Such fun having morning tea in a caboose. I havent been in one of those, but there used to be a cafe/plane an hour or so away, and those who were able could climb up the ladder to sit inside. It was several years ago, and we managed fine back then, these days, perhaps not.

SJSM said...

The Club House is open! I wonder how many critters Smitty and Sadie will find?

What a relief to get your life back in order. Your bedroom and other storage areas can regain their purposes. The eye clutter will be gone. Your sewing room likely will be so organized and cleaned up like a spanking new room. Your home will feel as if you finally can live again.

Congratulations for making it through this ordeal.

piecefulwendy said...

So glad you are back in your space and getting settled in! Yippee! And I'm sure the kitties are loving being set free to be in the clubhouse, too. Looks like a fun place for tea, and fun that you could meet with Matthew!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

If only I could dance I would be, on your behalf! You must be overwhelmed with joy (both you AND the kitties!).
I was happy to see the caboose owners didn't mess too much with the train decor - it would be fun to visit there.

Linda Garcia said...

I am so happy to see you back in your sewing space! I think I would have to be hauled off to the looney bin if I couldn't sew for sooooo looong! Sewing is really my therapy.
Your two month tour of the US probably was a life saver!

Robin said...

What a wonderful way to have a nice cup of tea, with your son in a train car cupola. Handsome young man you got there Barbara. As always, your creations are magnificent, thank you for sharing.