8/26/22

Quilt Shop: Backdoor Quilt Shoppe; Billings, Montana

We had a short day of driving the day we reached Billings. It seemed like a good opportunity to visit a quilt shop. There were many to choose from in Billings. My friend Irene noted that Billings has five quilt shops. I simply chose the first one on the list Google produced when I asked it to find a quilt shop near me. 

Backdoor Quilt Shoppe was just a few minutes down the road from where we stopped for the night.


Here's their business card.


Stepping through the front door, it looked like this:


Like the shop I'd just visited the day before, their Halloween fabric was front and center.


They had lots of pretty batiks lining one wall in the middle of the store.


They had some pretty patterns from a local (I think) designer. I looked these over, but I need more patterns like I need another hole in my head.


They had some pretty threads on display. I love thread as much as I love fabric. I know. I say that every time, but it's true.


And there was a nice supply of how-to books.


This stack of flats was priced at $5 and $7.50 per yard. I looked through them, but didn't see anything I couldn't live without. Besides, we'll be visiting lots of quilt shops on this trip, and so I need to pace myself.


This store had so many regional fabrics, I had a hard time choosing just one.



The whole place was chock full of fabric.


Look how cute this wall-hanging is. Notice in the bottom one the camper is superimposed over the state of Montana.


They also had a lot of pretty panel fabrics.



And even more regional prints.


I liked this sentiment, and since I was mad at the KOA, it was a good reminder.


It was hard to choose, but I selected a fat quarter of this one for my regional print.


Billings quilters are fortunate to have this and several other quilt shops in the area. It's a small city, and so I can only think there must be a lot of quilters to support so many stores. If you find yourself in Billings, this is a good place to start looking.

This is the last post I needed to write to catch up on what I'd missed telling you about our trip so far. Look for us in North Dakota next time around, and keep your fingers crossed for a good cell phone signal.

5 comments:

Barbara said...

It doesn`t matter if a Cowboy lives in the mountains or in the flats, as long as it`s warm and there is a place to lay his hat. ~ Anonymous

Sara said...

The boot fabric is a perfect choice! Travel safe!

Julierose said...

What a super fabric store, wish we had one around here!! Anyway--love the "Boots" fabric-really cute...nice choice and nice control to not buy everything you saw!! Hahaha hugs, Julierose

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Good choice for your regional fabric - seems fitting to the area.
I must say that in the photo below the halloween offerings, I would take that entire shelve of turquoises. Mind you, I'd have to get a bank loan to be able to afford it, but doesn't stop me from wishing!

piecefulwendy said...

Goodness - I need to catch up on your posts again! We've had a busy weekend, but tonight I have time for some reading. Looks like a fun shop! I wondered if you'd pick the cowboy boots!