11/15/21

Things to Do, Places to Go

It's the start of a busy week. This morning, I have a doctor's appointment. I sincerely hope this is my last medical appointment for a while. All of these appointments have been routine, but yeesh. I need to spread things out a little better. Today I'm getting my annual physical with a new primary care physician. My old one is retiring. Last time I saw her, I had an idea she was on her way out. She has seemed disengaged for a while, and so it's probably time to move along anyway. I hope I like the new doctor because I'm really not in the mood to go doctor shopping.

Yesterday was spent mostly working on my challenge piece, and so I don't have very much I can show you. Smitty was my helper cat. He kept all my fabrics in order of value.


He makes it a little difficult to keep a secret when he stands on the very thing that will give my project away. I had to do some creative editing at the bottom of the photo below to cover up the current unseeables related to my project.


As I've mentioned, I'm doing a collage technique of an old photo. Quite a bit was accomplished yesterday. There's a section that has me a little worried. I read some about this technique in a book last night, and felt somewhat reassured it will all work out when I start adding thread. For now, this is the fabric version of the image I showed yesterday.


I'll keep giving you little peeks as I work on it.

The only other sewing I did yesterday was to fill the most recent hoop of Calendula Patterdrip's Cottage. I finished the top of the boot, and then stitched a portion of a tree branch. There wasn't much here to stitch, and so it was pretty quick to finish it up.


Now I've moved my hoop farther to the left where the design is more densely stitched. I'll be taking this with me tomorrow, but I don't know how much stitching time I'll have.

As for tomorrow, I mentioned we're taking our truck camper up to Yakima, Washington, where the manufacturer is located. It'll be the first trip we've taken sans RV in years. We're actually spending the night in a motel! I hope I still know how to act in such a splendid venue. Also, we have to pack a suitcase! You know...the kind with a handle and wheels at the bottom. Last night, I said to Mike, "What is this 'soot kaze'?" Honestly...I hope I can find one around somewhere. We're used to taking a suitcase so big, we need a truck to tow it. Hopefully, a one-night trip won't require anything that large, but you know...there are my sewing supplies to consider.

So, I'm signing off for a couple of days. The kitties will be holding down the fort at home for the night, and we'll be back home by Wednesday. I'll be back blogging by Thursday, and I'll tell you about anything interesting in Yakima. Checking the forecast, it looks like we'll dodge the rain, and that will make for a more pleasant drive. See you in a few...

8 comments:

Barbara said...

My mother had bought a sewing machine for me. When I went away to college, she gave me a sewing machine, a typewriter and a suitcase, and my mother made $17 a week working as a maid 12 hours a day, and she did that for me. ~ Alice Walker

Julierose said...

Oh do enjoy your quick getaway trip--hoping the weather will cooperate for you. That challenge project looks fascinating...will you needleturn--or can't you tell us yet??:)))
Hugs Julierose

Lyndsey said...

Seeing a new doctor is always a nuisance. I hope it goes well. Your project looks very interesting,

Tina W. In Oregon said...

I’m a little late posting a comment but I had no internet yesterday. Anyway, if you get a chance, you really should eat at White House Cafe. Great food a nice venue.

piecefulwendy said...

You are such a tease! I'm trying to guess, but pretty sure I'm wrong. We'll see! Enjoy your trip, I'm chuckling about the suitcase, of course the larger would work with all the sewing things. You might even be able to stow a cat or two in there, but pretty sure Sadie wouldn't agree!

Susan said...

I hope your new doctor works out for you. I have to find a new one too because mine has been disengaged since the pandemic began and he started teaching interns at the local hospital. He has been great for my husband though.

Jenny said...

Have a great little trip. As a caravanner myself, I get wildly excited if/when we go away without towing our van and we get to stay in a motel. Even more so on the occasional overseas trip and we stay in a large hotel! Not that this o/seas experience will be happening again for a while, if ever again. Who knows, with Covid hanging around so persistently.

Magpie's Mumblings said...

Hope the new doctor turned out to be a winner. Shopping for a new one isn't easy I know. Here, if you're lucky enough to have a doctor at all, you certainly aren't encouraged to look for another because chances are they won't take you because 'you already have a doctor'. Frustrating if you happen to be stuck with a loser!