11/20/19

Sew Many Projects

With so many projects in the works right now, it's hard to keep track of everything. Even Mike has several projects in the works. I'll tell you more about his RV projects as he completes them. The in-the-house sewing projects are dominated by finishing off It's Raining Cats and Dogs. It got a fair amount of attention yesterday. It's slow-going with so much input from my catsultants. Sadie, especially, has a lot of thoughts about this quilt.


She's wondering why there isn't a kitty spa here at the Three Cats Ranch, although the dining hall seems adequate to her needs. Her favorite block is this one where the catnip dispensary is located.


It was quilted simply by outlining the applique and then doing some rows of loops in the background.

To its left was this block. I added some details to the roof and outlined the applique.


Then a meandering leaf vine was added to the background.


Then some swirls to the left sidebar of the block.


Smitty was happy to see this part of the quilt, although he wonders why there are dogs when the sign expressly prohibits them.


This was the last block I worked on, and it was fairly large. I outlined the applique.


Then some details were added to the roof and awning.


The background was done simply with a looping meander.


The areas inside the red line are quilted now. I'm hoping to finish off the quilt blocks today, and then get on with the borders tomorrow and Friday.


When I quit yesterday afternoon, I sewed the binding to the placemats, and there was time to hand sew one of them.


There should be plenty of time to finish the second one today.

This morning, I started on Tree #10 for Twelve Trees for Christmas. The trunk and branches were stitched with a whipped chain stitch.


When I work on this next time, I'll be adding some green feather stitches between the branches and finishing it with some red French knots.

There's some housework on today's agenda. If I'm going to get all my sewing wishes fulfilled, it's time to get started.

9 comments:

Roni said...

The quilt is great. I love seeing the details up close. You have lovely purrsonal assistants.

Teresa said...

Such a cute quilt, lots to look at and smile.

Unknown said...

This quilt is adorable. Really get a daily chuckle with the kitty vocabulary. ;-)

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

Your quilting is beautiful. It is nice to see a closeup of the blocks.

Christi said...

I'm really enjoying your quilting. What kind of machine do you quilt on? I also love the little trees you are hand stitching.

Louise said...

Is that how it works? Do housework and get a sewing wish fulfilled? Sounds like a good system :)

kc said...

Looking good, especially those little toesies! I have 2 flimsies, 1 set of gifted blocks need put together, and 2 twin quilts to start from scratch all waiting for me, stashed here and there, throughout camper. Yet, here I sit, reading about you doing housework, and watching the dog sleep. And wondering what can we do free in Apache Junction, indoors, that doggie can go to, while we wait for them to come get our closed up camper.

piecefulwendy said...

Such helpful, well behaved kitties ;-) You are progressing well with your goals of finishing your quilt tops. That little tree is a cutie!

quiltzyx said...

You're doing a great job on the raining quilt - and fast too! Congrats~!