8/16/19

A Busy Day with Nothing to Show

It was a run-around kind of day yesterday. Although I was on the move all day, I don't have a lot to show for it. I made a trip to the post office to mail off the two doll quilts. Then to the bird store for some suet for our piggy birds. Then to the liquor store...think of it as the sinful part of the trip. Then to Erik and Mae's house where they had the most beautiful box of cherry tomatoes for me. Take a look at these babies:


They're going to make some beautiful tomato jam. After that, it was off to the grocery store to pick up the rest of the items I'm going to need. And it was a good coupon day. Check this out:


Yeah, the grocer was crying when I left. I think of coupon shopping as a challenge a little like gambling. It's so gratifying when you win big.

After that, I went home and put my feet up for a while. Matthew and Lindsay were supposed to have left in the intervening period, but they were still here. It meant I didn't get much else done during the day. Before leaving, I moved the hoop on my current mystery stitchery. Here's another peek to tantalize you.


The kitties performed their function of allowing me to photograph them in order to have something to show for yesterday. Here, Sadie is rounding up her toys for the night's torture. She's been hiding in the Clubhouse for the past few days while Matthew and Lyndsay have been here. She knows Matthew, and seems to think he's safe in the evenings. During the day, he seems purrticularly scary, and so she hides out.


On the other hand, Matthew is just about Smitty's favorite person in the whole wide world. They are on the same level of weirdness, and so they understand one another. Here, he's gazing out on his  world, remembering the past few days with his favorite fan.


This morning I'm walking with Sue. After that, I'm heading off to a local peach grower to pick up a couple of boxes of peaches. My canning work is cut out for me, but we're also building a small bed for the peonies this weekend. They are expected to arrive this October, but we're traveling in September, and so the bed needs to be prepared now. We're building a small wall and then filling in the whole thing with dirt. It doesn't seem like much will get done on the sewing front, but one never knows. Sometimes things move along faster than expected.

For now and FYI, I added new patterns to my used pattern yard sale (link on my right side bar). Take a look and see if there's anything that interests you. As for me, I'll be here stirring stuff and ladling it into jars. Today I'll be spending most of the day standing on my weary feet.

7 comments:

Katie said...

Our formerly feral kitty, Gabby, is like that with people. Sometimes she's terrified of my hubby, other times she wants all the pets from him. In particular, if you have a quilt over a portion of your body, she is more likely to be friendly. I think we seem smaller and less threatening that way? But we have also learned that lightning fast pouncing with razor claws happens through said quilts, so you have to be careful to sit still and not move anything under the quilt! Good luck with all the chores and I hope you find a few moments here and there for quilty ventures!

piecefulwendy said...

I'm sure you are knee deep in canning today. Those cherry tomatoes sure are pretty! I always forget to bring coupons, and most of the things are purchase don't have coupons, so I'm very impressed with your score.

dortha said...

Enjoying reading your blog. I was wondering about the name of the pattern for Matthew’s guitar quilt. I goggled guitar quilt patterns and didn’t see it. I would like to make my son one. Thank you.

gpc said...

OK, it isn't only your sewing that amazes me, it is your canning, too. You are a much harder worker than I am. I will try to feel a little guilty about that sometime today, if I can fit it into my schedule.

Kate said...

Hope it wasn't as long of a day as you expected it to be and that you made a good dent in the canning program for the week.

quiltzyx said...

Evil, poisonous wolf peaches are, in truth, quite photogenic. I do enjoy reading about your canning adventures too. :)

QuiltGranma said...

somehow, on even your quiet days you are so busy!