7/9/19

Barns and Quilting

It was a full day of sewing yesterday, possibly my last NBS day for a while. In the morning, I finished up the 6th of the barns for Appalachian Memories. That marks halfway for these quilt blocks.


These are the six blocks I have so far. It looks as if the right-most blocks are on a different fabric, but they're all the same. It's just the weird lighting in my sewing room that makes it look that way.


After that, I got to work quilting the Solstice to Solstice quilt. The design is working well for me, and it's covering a lot of ground. When I stopped for lunch, I was working on these blocks. They are on the top right side of the quilt.


After lunch, I went back to work.  A day of quilting would not be complete without a visit from my furry feline friend.


I believe he has strategically placed his feed on the Valentine hearts to remind me who my true love is. Move over, Mike. The cat is here. Since he's been confined to the indoors, he has the cleanest, whitest feeties.


With some encouragement, he took his seat in the window sill to cheer me on as I sewed.


By day's end, I'd worked my way across the length of the quilt to the bottom right corner and a little beyond. I'm estimating it's a little more than halfway finished now.


My projects are racing with one another to see who will get to go along on our camping trip next week. I believe I can get the quilting and binding finished on the Solstice to Solstice quilt. This morning, I'll start slow-stitching the Dancing Chickens and Flying Pigs quilt block. I fully expect to finish it either this morning or tomorrow. So that leaves me with three I Believe in Snowmen blocks as my slow-stitching for next week. If the quilting is finished, it gets to go too. And, if not, I'll have to make up another slow-stitching block. Endlessly fascinating, I know.

Today is a CSA pick-up day, but I'll still have plenty of time for more quilting. It's a race to a Friday finish on this. Hoping I can make it, because it would feel good to have this one wrapped up before a take some time off from sewing.

7 comments:

djquilting said...

Your quilting is looking so good. One design I like to do is similar; called 3's and E's (with capital cursive E). Hope you have good weather for your camping trip.

Julierose said...

Really gorgeous quilting on this...I love your barns--just that little bit of mini-quilty color in each one sparks it all together...
Hoping you have a great camping experience...we are camping chez nous in the AC right now--Did a bit of blue legos work this morning --hugs, Julierose

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

really cute barns and a handsome helper there, too--
well--you/Crabapple got me into some more trouble--I realized that I needed some good quality white fabric for tracing off all these new patterns--as I want to get them traced and colored with the color pencils so I can use the smelly textile stuff on them before I move--as here I can hang them in a small closet to dry--so I ordered 2 yards of Kona white--only--2 charm packs jumped right in that cart before I could hit the 'pay for' button!!!!!
luv, di

Lee said...

Your quilts are wonderful! And.. I love the barns you are embroidering! Have a wonderful time camping!

crazy quilter said...

Barbara, love your quilting on this one. It looks quite complicated but sure does add a lot of texture. Keep on keeping on I know you can make it to Friday,

piecefulwendy said...

You are clipping right along on Solstice; hope you managed to get it done. I think I'm excited for you and your upcoming trip. Hope you get all your stitching done while you are gone. Smitty is looking good!

Janis P said...

Hi- I have found that sprinkling human hair around the flowers can discourage deer and rabbits. I asked my beautician for a bag of floor scraps and gave it a try. I had some roses for a while.