12/14/18

Around the Corner

No time was wasted sewing the binding to Wind in the Whiskers yesterday. It's from the same fabric as that in the outer border.


While I was sewing that to the quilt, I had this little quilt on my mind. In a no-time-like-the-present moment, I decided to finish the quilting on that too.


Here's how it looks from the back.


And I in my kerchief
My cat in my lap
We settled ourselves 
For a long stitching patch.

Yeah...it doesn't really work poetically...and there was no kerchief. But the cat was real.


By the time I'd stopped for the day, I'd rounded the first corner.


It moves closer and closer to a finished quilt. So that's where you'll find me this afternoon. Also, I'm hoping to fit in some stitching on the Snow Globes block.

This morning I'll be walking with Sue. Sometimes I come home and throw myself on the couch for a nap after we've walked. It's a little warmer today than it was when we walked last week. Rain is in the forecast, but I'm hoping it'll hold off until this afternoon. Just as I wrote those words, I checked the forecast:


Looks like I'll be donning my rain gear this morning. Wish I could pack along my hot chocolate.

For today's effort, I'm hoping to get around two more corners of Wind in the Whiskers. I'd really like to get on with the embellishing and finish it off this weekend. It's a tall order, but I'm up for the challenge.

7 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Cute finishes. Love the kitties.

Sally Trude said...

I was fascinated to learn that "RealFeel" is the estimate of a naked person who has lived in So. Calif. their entire life. : )
P.S. Down in Portland its 40 degrees and the sun is out.

Julierose said...

Good for you..this is coming along nicely ;))). Our temps are a bit higher for the coming 4-5 days--low 40's...but still pretty gray and raw out there..
.
I am trying to decide the next round on Butterfly--cannot seem to find just the right color/combo to proceed outward--I always seem to get stuck halfway through a project ...so it will have to simmer on that wall for a while...

I want to only use my stash also, so that makes it a bit more difficult--tho' you'd think with the amt of fabric i have on had i could find something in the color of that flowery peach--NOPE!! oh well, maybe the fabric fairy will alight and throw up some forgotten cut off in some box...hugs, Julierose

Lyndsey said...

The little quilt is so cute. I always plan the number of corners I can get round in a day or session when sewing on the binding. It just seems to make it go more quickly. Your temperatures are rather chilly. Yesterday was cold here but today it's a warm 55 degree F (well it would feel that warm if it wasn't windy.)

WoolenSails said...

Wonderful quilts and love the little cat quilt. I need to try more machine appliqué so I can make some kid's charity quilts.

Debbie

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a cute project, love the asymmetrical edge! Very creative.

piecefulwendy said...

The little embellishments to Wind in the Whiskers are so fun - that little quilt is so cute. Hope you didn't get too damp on your walk! Those lap kitties are the best!