9/12/18

Wet Wednesday

We had a badly needed, and a good soaking rain yesterday. Our field has been brown and parched from lack of water, but I could swear it looks greener already. We're expecting more rainfall this week. It's really starting to feel as if fall is approaching.

There was a feline finish here yesterday. The binding strips were already cut for the Welcome Home mystery mini. I love a fun binding, don't you? This fabric was added to my stash somewhere along the way. I have a whole drawer of stripes and polka dots that look like bindings to me. This is just one of them.


Here's the whole quilt. It isn't a favorite of mine, but I'm happy with how it turned out. It seems both muted and colorful at the same time.


Here's how it looks from the back.


At least one of the resident felines appurroves.


We're gearing up for another RV trip next week. As I mentioned once before, the new RV has an entry way that gives us new worries about escapees when we open the door after going down the road. The obvious solution is to have the kitties ride in the bedroom with the door closed so that we can open the door without worrying someone will fly out. Now there are two kitty quilts I can lay on the bed and, hopefully, that will give them a place to call their own as we travel down the road. We've had many a kitty who enjoyed riding on the bed. Now they have a little fabric "box" to mark purrsonal space.


Finishing this quilt was my September project for


so I'll be linking up at the end of the month.

In yesterday's mail, this t-shirt arrived. I couldn't resist it. It's a little late for this year, but I'm set for next time around. There were several to choose from on this Tee Spring website, but this one was my favorite.


This morning I spent a good long time with the latest of the Snow Globes blocks.


With the top pretty much finished, I moved my hoop down to the base of the snow globe, and I'll get started there tomorrow morning.


Today I'm making a short trip to the grocery store. When I get home I'm trying a new recipe for a cucumber gazpacho. I'll have to let you know how it turns out. The recipe calls for blue crab, but we're strictly Dungeness crab here in Oregon. I'm hoping I can pick up some fresh today. I'll have to let you know how it turns out.

There's a little housework to catch up on, but I'm hoping to have some time in the sewing room this afternoon. The dark blue blocks for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge are next on my list.

We're keeping good thoughts for those of you in the path of Hurricane Florence, my Virginia and Carolina friends. We're concerned for your welfare, so please stay safe.

18 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Another sweet kitty finish, and it's easy to see who will claim this one. Your snow globe blocks are looking so great. I've pretty much given up on embroidering, there's enough to keep me busy with piecing and applique. So I'll just enjoy watching yours progress!

WoolenSails said...

I love your quilt, definitely fun colors but still not too much.
We are getting a soaker today, good day to clean and decorate for fall.

Debbie

DeeDee said...

I haven't posted in a while but I'm still a faithful reader. We are bracing for impact here in Central NC. It sounds like it's going to go south of us, but the cone of uncertainty is pretty wide, so anything can happen. And the weather people are saying the wind field is huge, so we're going to get something no matter where it lands. I'm most concerned about losing power and having a really bored 9 year old on my hands. On the plus side I will probably come back to several of your lovely blog posts if I can't check in for a few days. Always a treat to read about your day!

Lana said...

Hahahaha love your new t-shirt! And that's a mighty nice quilt for the kitties. Hope they appreciate it lol.

Jean Etheridge said...

The T-shirt made me laugh out loud. I am a faithful reader using Feedly (but I am a dog person).

Sarah said...

Oh my - that tshirt is hilarious! I do believe Miss Sadie has already claimed the new quilt as her now RV “box”. Good for her!

crazy quilter said...

Such a cute finish. I know both of the kitties will enjoy this one for sure. Glad you are planning another RV trip, i love your adventures.

Brown Family said...

We had sunshine here today for the first time in 10 days. We needed the rain, too but are glad for the sun!

piecefulwendy said...

That t-shirt is too funny! I think a striped binding makes any quilt look great (I need more striped fabric). Last night I did some stitching on wool; this morning my hand is painfully sore. So I'm kinda frustrated by that. Do your hands get sore? If so, what do you do for them?

mangozz said...

I love those snow globe embroideries! What are you going to do with them?

QuiltGranma said...

I have yet to start the "mystery" mini, and appreciate any posting of makers inspiration. Love the T-shirt! Had to share it with hubby. Personally I love a surprise red finish for a binding.

Kate said...

Love the T-shirt! Congrats on a fun finish. I like that red striped binding. Hope you got all caught up on the household chores and got in some good stitching time. I'm behind on the RSC blocks for this month too.

quiltzyx said...

What a great tshirt! Perfect for the next canning season.

The snow globes are so cute, nice job.

Susan said...

What a wonderful finish. That binding just makes the quilt perfect. It looks like it's already claimed by one of the kitties! There is nothing as much fun as RVing, is there? We lived in a 5th wheel full time for 5 years and I think about those times so often, and wish I were still doing it.

Karen's Korner said...

You found the perfect binding fabric for your pretty quilt. Such a pretty stitchery.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare said...

Great finish. I love the binding and your stitching is pretty too :)

Nann said...

Great t-shirt! And a lovely quilt, all finished. Congratulations on meeting your September OMG before the middle of the month!

Patty said...

Very nice. Thanks for linking up with Elm Street Quilts One Monthly Goal and congrats on your finish!