6/29/18

Low Productivity

When I looked at my camera this morning, it said, "Memory Contains No Images." What? Because here's the thing...my brain contains nothing that is not contained on camera images. So, there's a problem, Houston. As you might guess from the quantity of photographic content on this blog, I take pictures of every stinking thing that happens here at the Three Cats Ranch...and when I say "stinking," I'm including all the half-eaten dead critters that litter the place...only, I don't share those with you. You're welcome.

So, here's what happened. As I mentioned yesterday, I had an appointment for an eye exam. And there's something fishy going on with my vision insurance benefits.


It seems I actually pay more to my usual eye doctor if I use my benefits than if I just pay cash up front...only the "catch" (get it? fishy?) is that if I pay cash up front, then I can't use my benefits. So, I'm saying I actually have no benefits if it works like that. Don't even get me started on health insurance.

So I ended up going to Costco...and let me just say right here and now that I absolutely hate Costco. Just being in their parking lot puts me in a bad mood. But hey, I needed new glasses and they have good prices for that sort of thing. I haven't even had a Costco membership card for years. Mike likes them for their socks, and so...kind of on the sly...he renewed our membership a few years ago. "Count me out," I said. Until now, because I kind of like being able to see.

And that meant we had to go in together because he's the one with the membership card. I actually deigned to get my own membership card so I could get the eye exam. They took a great picture of me too.


I'm loving my new doo...just sayin'.

And that was all fine and dandy, and so I got my eyes checked, and I chose new frames, and I should have those in about five days. What do you think?


After that, Mike and I went to lunch, and then we came home. For whatever reason, I was exhausted. The whole Costco thing wore me out. I drank some coffee, fed the birds, kept waiting to perk up, and finally, I just tipped back in my reclining chair and fell asleep...

And I slept all afternoon. It seems I need these days every now and again. Today...back to business. I'm walking with Sue this morning, so no loafing around. This afternoon I'm making blueberry chutney. Hopefully, there will be time for sewing.

9 comments:

Sandra W said...

It seems we are on the same schedule. Eye appointments, drs. appointments, and the big squash! Like you, I like to keep abreast (ha ha) of these things to avoid any surprises.
Costco makes you tired because of the cement floors! That's what I discovered. I don't mind Costco in limited trips--my husband also buys the socks. My husband like to plan visits there when we have an appointment elsewhere. Then he times it so we can't stay too long. But it always seems to cost $300 or so.
In Canada the optical department doesn't have a good reputation, unless your vision needs are simple. Some claim the vision field on their lenses is very narrow on the horizontal. That is, the vision is sharp only when you are looking directly ahead. They do have a good return policy and the situation in your locale may be much better. But as a sewer, you might want to check this particular aspect of your lenses.
Love the glasses on Smitty.

Denise :) said...

I totally feel your pain. I had my first shoulder PT today, so now I'm iced up and headed down for a nice, long, nap. Wake me when I'm done!! :)

crazy quilter said...

I have had this same unproductive day the last two Saturday's! I wonder if it is the dreadfully hot weather we are having? I need to get to the sewing room and finish a couple of things. Maybe tomorrow will be a better day. Glad you got new glasses, I feel your pain with the insurance debacle... Same here .. What are we paying for, I certainly am not sure. Blueberry chutney, sounds Devine!

piecefulwendy said...

Just the words health insurance are enough to make me run from the room, fingers in my ears, yelling "la la la". I feel your pain. However, I loved this post. I read it in a most unladylike manner, snorting between sips of coffee. Even read parts of it aloud to hubby. I hope you have a NBS day after your walk with Sue, which I'm sure will cheer you up!

Lyndsey said...

Oh the pain of having an eye test and getting new glasses. My optician is really lovely and very good at his job. He takes his time so I know they will be perfect once I get them. He's also great at offering advice on styles and colour for the new glasses. I hate the price you end up paying but once I've sat down and worked out how much it costs per day to be able to see clearly I realise it's well worth the money. As I'm over 60 my eye test is free on the NHS but I pay for the frames and lenses so I get exactly what I want.

quiltzyx said...

Oy! Insurance loopholes are the pits! But hopefully you will be so happy with your new glasses you can forget about that AND the trip to Costco. Once I have my next eye surgery, I won't have to have Rx glasses any more, just cheaters. That will be a nice savings!

Kate said...

We've discovered that paying cash up front can drastically reduce the doctor bill. But since we have to pay so much up front before the insurance kicks in, that's been working for us.

Brown Family said...

I love the new do and the glasses! We do not go to Costco often because it is harder to get to than Sam's!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Great haircut. That's a new color for you, too;)