4/1/18

Happy Easter!

We've just barely scratched the surface of all that needs doing here, and so I'm going to keep this post short. In yesterday's post, I meant to tell you how many miles we traveled on this trip. Thanks to sewengel for reminding me with her comment. Sorry, sewengel, you're no-reply, and so I'm hoping you'll see this answer to your question.

In all, we traveled about 19,000 miles; however, just 14,000 of those were towing the trailer. The remaining 5,000 were with the trailer unhitched, sight-seeing, grocery shopping, and visiting with friends. It was a long haul, but so much fun.

We're not doing anything special to mark Easter today. There's so much to do already. Adding something else to the list seemed April Foolhardy. Tomorrow is Matthew's birthday, and so we'll head into town early for breakfast with him, and we'll see Erik for the first time since we've been back. I'll check back tomorrow or the next day.

Until then, Happy Easter! Don't eat too many chocolate bunnies. Oh yes...and don't be an April Fool!


8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Welcome home! I have so enjoyed reading about your travels. What a marvelous trip you shared with us.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

Wow--that's alot of miles!!! and alot of adventures!!
Happy Easter to all of you--even those fur babies!!
(which are thinking that they were sooo purrrrfect on the trip and it being Easter--need some extra treats today--Mom and Dad!!)
enjoy, di

SJSM said...

Home is where your heart is. Glad to see it’s beating with family getting together.

We passed each other on the road somewhere between Mt Shasta and south of there. We spent two nights in Mt Shasta before heading home to San Jose. Our surprise discovery was seeing the headwaters to the Sacramento River in Mt Shast City Park. If you haven’t been there add it to your list for a future journey.

Yes, unpacking, laundry, grocery shopping and cleaning up is part of the settling in process. Enjoy the days ahead as you reacquaint yourself to your routine. It does feel good after the long break. I’m glad to see you home safely and look forward to your daily posts. It took until today to get caught up with your current post. Now I can enjoy my daily routine once more to see what Cat Patches has been up to when I start my day. Thanks for the grand tour since September.

Dorothy said...

So very glad that you are home safe and sound. It was an adventure peeking over your shoulder for the trip. You've taken me to places I've never been, taught me things I didn't know I needed to know (prairie dog tunnels), and made me chuckle every day. Looking forward to the home adventures now. Thank you

quiltzyx said...

Happy Easter/April Fools Day!

That is a LOT of miles traveled - glad it went relatively without a hitch (so to speak)!

Happy Birthday Matthew!

piecefulwendy said...

Always a bit surprising to see those numbers, isn't it? But how fun and what memories! Have fun celebrating with Matthew and seeing Erik again. Enjoy every minute! Happy Easter (a day late)!

Kate said...

That's a lot of driving! Hope you had a very happy Easter.

Brown Family said...

You did rack up a lot of miles and we enjoyed your stories about all of them.