3/17/18

Slow Stitching and Not Much Else

It was kind of a gray and threatening day yesterday. I believe rain is in the forecast for today as well. We had grocery shopping to do, and I got out for a bit of a walk in the morning. Here's something: This is the view from our space in the RV park. Up until yesterday morning there were other RV's blocking our view of the park models there at the end of the road (marked with a red arrow).


A lot of folks have pulled out and gone home. Apparently, they only paid for half the month of March, and time was up. There's a lot of open space around us now.

My walk was nice if only for one thing...delivery of the quilt labels I ordered from Dutch Label Shop. My friend Marei recommended this company and then I was able to take advantage of an offer on the Moosestash Quilting blog.


If you followed along with the Small, Smaller, Smallest Blog Hop at the beginning of the month, you might have seen Joan's post where she gave a discount code of moosestashquilting15 for 15% off labels ordered by April 7th. I'd been putting off ordering them, but a discount code will get me moving every time. So, there you have it. As I mentioned to my Facebook friends, the only thing holding me back now is inertia....and traveling. Our traveling days will be ending soon, so that only leaves inertia.

Speaking of inertia...this cat is bored as a plank. (Get it? Don't blame me...Mike made it up.)

Traveling is for the birds.


We've tried getting him out of the RV a few times since we've been here...even after the biting episode. We just make sure the neighbor cat isn't outside when we take him out. Still, he doesn't like it here, and he whines to go back in within just a few minutes. There's too much activity in this park in the form of cars driving by, woofies walking by, and mans making noise. We're working on getting him out after dark, but the weather needs to be more cooperative. Yesterday, I gave him some catnip. We even used the really swell Spiderman bowls that George picked out when he was one of our traveling cats.


And that helped some.

Nom Nom Nom snuffle snorf...


Whoa...Smitty...be purrudent when you use that stuff.


You know I'm laying off the green stuff. Just to be purrfectly safe, I'm heading for the hills.


Hey, Smitty! Dad's been repurring the shower. He left the door open. You should come see!


Just be careful, Sadie...sometimes water comes purring down, and that's very bad fur cats.


Hm...well, it is a new place seldom investigated by felines.


Hey, Sadie...I think there's a purrtential fur fureedom through that skylight up there. This merits further investigation. We'd have to jump purretty high. Do you think a boost from the catnip could help?


Okay, well the repairman came in an interrupted their scheming. As for me, I finished up the first of nine blocks for the Friendship's Garden quilt. This was kind of fun with all that color. This is from the Friendship's Garden pattern by Bird Brain Designs.


Next up, I'm doing another of Robin Kingsley's patterns. This is the fifth block of nine for the Heart & Home blackwork quilt called Blessings of Home.


I've traced it out and hooped it up.


That's where I'm heading right now. If the weather is as gray and cold as yesterday, I'm thinking I'll set up the sewing machine today and make something from those St. Patrick's Day fabrics I got. It seems appropriate, doesn't it. After all, 'tis the season...



11 comments:

Kate said...

Sorry the weather has been so dismal. Hopefully the last half of the month will get better. Poor Smitty, all cooped up with no place to go. Hope you get in some fun stitching time this weekend.

gpc said...

(Bored as a plank:) Groan. I'll be stealing that.

Quilter Kathy said...

Happy St Patrick's Day! Enjoy your stitching!

QuiltShopGal said...

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you too! Fun post. Interesting how your park is opening up, with people leaving. Or maybe the rain "drove" them away. LOL. For Smitty, I hope all the woofies leave. Have fun.

Quilting Tangent said...

What do you trace with?

Californianativedaughter said...

Our youngest kitty, Joshua, loves water, he's fascinated by it. He frequently slides the "barn door" entrance to our bathroom while we are taking showers. My husband says he is constantly examining the shower. Whenever I use water, he jumps on the counter and watches the water flow from the faucet. I once saw a German Shepherd puppy chasing water flowing down the street.
As far as skylights go, Joshua, and the other two are fascinated by their reflection in the skylights in our house-we have four.
Lastly, our black feline alarm clock is fascinated by shadows and tries to catch them!

piecefulwendy said...

Bored as a plank -- took me a bit to get that. Hey, I've just barely had my coffee, so give me a break! Haha. Sorry for the soggy days, but you sure are getting some good stitching in. I think the kitties are ready to be home.

Sarah said...

Lovely stitching!

Deb said...

Love the hand embroidered piece for Friendships Garden nice project for the start of spring which I am sure is coming eventually. The new Blessing of Home block is going to be so sweet. I love those two patterns.

kc said...

Always love to hear the kitties' purrrspective on life! Glad to see everything is going purrfectly for them. Boring is not necessarily a bad thing!

We went to a new-to-us campground this weekend...full of snowbirds! But, judging from the road home, a goodly portion of them pulled out this morning, along with us. Seems like every 4th or 5 vehicle was an RV of some sort, going the other way. Sure made a narrow, crowned road, with no shoulders and ditches on both sides even more narrow! Good thing the fog lifted and the wind died down before we set out! But, I almost feel obligated to call the campground and apologize...seems we took about half of it home with us, trapped in foot fur. Poor pup, she had road grime all the way up to and including her belly. Oh, you know she got a bath as soon as the refrigerator was emptied. Now she's all soft and fluffy again, and mostly white. I hope her feet get whiter in the next wash.

Loved the labels!

Brown Family said...

Those are great labels. I am off to check them out!