3/27/18

Obsessive Stitching

Yesterday we had a crew come to wash and wax the RV. They spent most of the day on that. We were kind of stuck here with not much to do. I stayed in the RV because the kitties were understandably nervous about all the strange mans surrounding the trailer. I spent the morning tracing the next block for the Snow Globe quilt.


With so much time for stitching, I was able to stitch the entire base and a portion of the globe yesterday.


This morning I moved my hoop to encircle the rest, and I'll pick it up there next time.


The rest should go fairly quickly, and so I expect I'll have this one finished sometime tomorrow.

While I was tracing out my piece, our neighbors behind pulled out. Yahoo! Look at all that wide open space!


And, really...look at all those wide open spaces. Lots and lots of open spaces.

So, of course, the RV park, in its wisdom parked the next traveler right behind us. How does that make any sense?


The worst part is that they have a very large woofie. The kitties are immensely insulted at this newest intruder. It's bad enough that they have to live next door to Rocky...or Cocky...or Flocky, or whatever his name is. I'm telling you, the insults to Catdom never cease around here. Fortunately, we're heading for home very soon.

So...not much else happened yesterday, but I still have more pictures from the Fiber Arts show for you. Of course, there was some wearable art. I was less interested in it, and just took this one picture. These were quilted and pieced varieties, but there were also some knitted and crocheted pieces.


Getting back to the quilts...


This piece was about 15 x 15 inches. If it isn't obvious, all of the quilts I've shown you have been wall-hanging sized. The largest might even qualify as lap quilts.


This one impressed me for the tiny stitching in the background.


This next one was very cute.



This was one of Mike's favorites. I like the colors used.



Here are close-ups of the three pieces.


The flower centers were all sort of squinched together in three dimensions. (I thought I'd made up a word there, but no. It is already in the dictionary. Shoot.)







I love the colors in this one.





There are still about one more day's worth of these, so I'll probably be able to finish them off tomorrow.

Today we're having lunch with our friends that rescheduled from last week. After that...groceries. The sands are running through the hourglass before we head for home.

11 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

I think Smitty and Sadie need to write a purletter to the rv park owner/manager to let them know the benefits of woofie segregation. Maybe next year they can set up an area that is a woofie free zone. I'm sure many would enjoy such an area. Can't hurt. They are such good writers too!

AnnieO said...

Ridiculous the park filled right behind you!
Do you backstitch your embroidery? I’m about to start one.
Love the quilt show pics, especially the pomegranate scene. I’ve promised my daughters I’ll never wear a quilted vest, lol

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

How dare that park --park an RV behind you with a woofie in it--my poor fur babies--yep--they can't wait to get home--they probably wonder is they will ever see 'home' again or if this RV living is their new life--so won't they be surprised when you pull into the driveway--soon --soon!!!
love the newest snow globe--but so far my favorite one is the one with the red truck in it!!! I like me a truck!!
enjoy, di

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

With all of the empty space it makes you wonder why they put them behind you. I am sure Smitty and Sadie are ready to get home, too

gpc said...

I would imagine that one could ignore small insults and not be homesick until one started to make plans to go home. After that, all bets would be off. As soon as the "going home" thought passed my mind, I would be ready to be there, right that instant. I'm guessing that these are the hardest days of the entire trip, the few hours before you hit that last road. Breathe. Tell the kitties that the best revenge against woofies is to go home.

piecefulwendy said...

How odd that they would park the new RV right behind you. Time to head home, I think, where your space is your own. I always get a bit itchy to get home when the trip is near the end!

Emma's Daughter said...

Your stitching is beautiful!

QuiltGranma said...

The Squinched flowers are ruched. I bought a template for that a number of years ago. FUN!

Nancy in IN said...

Thank you so much for letting me enjoy your trip. Our older son and family have been to many of the places out west as they were in Air Force. They now live near DC, so we enjoyed hearing about your journey. Where is your next trip?
Have a safe trip home and enjoy "normal".

Kate said...

Such vibrant colors and gorgeous stitching in the fiber art show. Hope the kitties are bearing up OK with the new wolfie in the neighborhood.

quiltzyx said...

Fast work on the SNOW snow globe!

It does seem strange that they would park someone right behind you with so many empty spots in the park. Hmmmm.

LOL - I was thinking that the squinched flowers were ruched, and I see that Quilting Granma agrees with me! You do have some of the smartest reader/followers! I like how they used the quilting to form the outline of the leaves on Breaking the Rules quilt.