12/5/17

Quilt Shop: Sew Many Common Threads; Conway, SC

Yesterday's roaming took us to the Sew Many Common Threads quilt shop in Conway, South Carolina. Here's how the store looked from the outside:



It was a small shop. Walking through the front door, it looks like this:


There wasn't a lot of fabric, but a good amount. Any quilter could have found what they need to make a pretty quilt here. She also had some patterns, and a good supply of notions, as well as a good supply of Anchor embroidery floss.


The row on the bottom of the image above were all flannels. Standing at the back of the store, I could see the ones in the two rows of shelves below. there were some beautiful batiks on the left.


On the right, these blacks and whites caught my eye. I was tempted by the black and white diamonds in the middle and at the top. Very striking.


Look at these pretty reds.


She also had a nice supply of neutrals.


Toward the back of the store was a nice big classroom. There was a long arm in there too.


She had some cute projects hanging on the walls.



Here's a new line from Moda called Blushing Peonies. So pretty. I haven't seen this before.


I had a hard time choosing a regional print. There was no palmetto fabric, but I'll keep looking. There was plenty of beachy stuff. I finally settled on this one. It was so bright and happy. There was a whale print that went with it that was very cute.


Also, I fell in love with this bird fabric. So pretty. I picked up a fat quarter of this.


And finally, a yard of this yummy stripe. Won't that make a pretty binding on the right quilt?


So that was a very nice store in a small town in South Carolina. There's another quilt shop in Myrtle Beach, but we probably won't get there. We'll be in South Carolina for another several days down by Charleston. No doubt, I'll find some nice quilt shops down there too. I'm still on the hunt for the palmetto fabric.

8 comments:

Susan C said...

Welcome back to SC! I haven’t been to that shop so appreciated the tour, I’ll have to check it out the next time I’m out that way. When you’re in Charleston you need to check out People, Places and Quilts in Summerville which is north of Charleston. It’s a charming store and one of our favorite stops when we’re in the area. Another nice store is 5/8 Seams. The selection there is more modern style. They also carry fabric for garments. Enjoy your time at the coast.

Anne Kirby said...

I vote for People Places and Quilts! Summerville is an adorable town and that quilt shop is memorable. Please do stop there!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cute little shop! Great stripe, but the birdies are too cute (I would have bought a yard).

Quilting Babcia said...

Those fabrics are all so pretty, my fave is that bird fabric. Nice little shop.

Brown Family said...

It may have been a small shop, but it had pretty fabric and did not look like it was all crammed in. Great fabric picks!

piecefulwendy said...

I'm with you on the black/white diamond print. I could've gotten that and a few other black/whites; I'm always drawn to them. That new Moda line is pretty, too. Looks like a nice little shop! Glad you enjoyed the dessert in a mug :-)

Sandra W said...

Wonderful bird portraits.

quiltzyx said...

Small shop but lots of nice fabric! I really like the bird fabric - I'm with Sharon - would have bought a yard!